Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done some research in the last few days and came across the fact that several companies have found ways to eliminate the "hot spots" in the block that block guards cause.

Im assuming that this information is true, but it still leaves me leary of them, so im asking:

which would you choose. Block guards or block postings.

ive heard postings are stronger and safer, but IMO it seems like drilling into the sleeves would make them weaker under high amounts of boost. Im planning on running 18 lbs of boost with a 54 trim and i know i am going to need one or the other.

thanks for the input.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
posts are superior to blockguard. theyre cheaper at only around $40. theyve been proven in nascar for years. they dont have the overheating issues that blockguards suffer from.
you dont drill into the sleeves you tap the block and run the post up to the sleeve at a minimal torque level ( only 2inch pounds ). so to me the winner is blockposts. easy decision to me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought that I read somewhere that posting wasn't needed. That our stock sleeves were good up to 400 horses

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Block post only cost 36+shipping but it is not every johndoe mechanic that can install those professionnaly....

http://theoldone.com/components/Posts/endyn_block_post_kits.htm
You need to drill the block at 90* on the centeline of each sleeve(may not be as easy as it seem) and have acces to a big press drill....

And for block guard......the golden eagle one seem to be the best choice imo! Lot of room for the coolant...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
daily driver :TU:

its fucking quick too, pulls HARD!
ive always wondered what a 400hp d would be like to ride in.

hell, im shooting for 300whp and im hoping it will be quick. I cant imagine 400

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
What about block filling? Personally, I think I might put posts and devcon in my block and see what it'll take with boost...

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i was told a block gaurd really didnt strengthen your bottom end, only helped if things did come apart. it wouldnt let things get torn up as much. do you really need either of those if you are only running pump gas. wouldnt that be the limiting factor before the stock sleeves give.

ryan

1 - 20 of 43 Posts