Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic DX Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have access to all the free machining I need done and wanted to see what would be some good block and cylinder machine work to get done to get some power for a NA build. I already have a 3 angle valve job. I will be porting and polishing the head (exhaust and intake). Will also be porting my y8 intake manifold to b series throttle body. Will be doing a complete rebuild on both the head and block adding upgraded parts so really want to know what machine work will benefit the build

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
figure out what pistons youre gonna use then go from there.

Reactions: bumpstick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
figure out what pistons youre gonna use then go from there.
Do you have any suggestions for pistons on a NA setup? And as for as after I pick the pistons. What type of work would you have done?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
whatever high compression pistons you look at, youll have to machine the hole for the pistons. not the other way around. take it to a place that builds engines if you don't know what youre doing. first thing you should have done was measured the bores in 3 spots and see if its still round and standard sized.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whatever high compression pistons you look at, youll have to machine the hole for the pistons. not the other way around. take it to a place that builds engines if you don't know what youre doing. first thing you should have done was measured the bores in 3 spots and see if its still round and standard sized.
Appreciate the response and tips. I’d much rather machine it at out shop just wanted to know where to start. There isn’t a machine shop within a few hundred miles that could out perform our work. We don’t work on motors but are a tool maker shop that works within a tolerance of +\- .0001. We actually own most of the molds that make the parts for the Tesla type S and I have access to some of the rope of the line machine so engine work be very standard job. Just wanted to get some input on what some of you might do if you had access to free machine work. Top of the line machine work at that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts