Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What are you looking to do? D16 is a safe bet though.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im more looking for reliability to proformance ratio, ive heard that the d15 stroke is shorter and the rod bearing journals are smaller compaired to the d16, just overall what would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Hi, i have a z6 head, im going to be putting on a block, What block should i get for it? a d15 or d16? thanks!
If you can get your hands on a d16 block go for it, it will be better later no matter the reason, stock/reliability, all motor, nitrous, boost. Plus there are tons of tech,parts available for this engine.

If you can, try to get a d16z6 block, 92-95 civic EX or SI.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
A6 block

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my problem is that im strapped for cash, im actually going to be borrowing money from my parents to pay for this swap >.< What i need to know is it really really that big of a diffrence? a d16 block goes for about x2 as much as a d15 block, and i allready have the z6 head cleaned up and ready to go, all i need now for it is a obd1 dizzy and a b16 throttle body.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the 1.6 will give you more displacement then the 1.5L so it will give you more torque. I also have noticed that the 1.5 block holds up better to heat then the 1.6. But however for the price, and for the performance. Go to the junkyard and get a D16A6 block from a Crx SI or EF hatch si. Get it cleaned and Plained.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rods. d16 rods = ~$300, d15 rods = ~$700. mind you this is for aftermarket h-beam rods. this is the biggest difference between the engines that you can't over come.
i would just get some zc rods shotpeened anyways. Allright thanks guys!

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i would just get some zc rods shotpeened anyways. Allright thanks guys!
i think i might have given you the wrong impression. so just in case here is some info i left out.

d15 rod = 134 mm (not including the jd,, d15b or iirc vx), d16 rod = 137 mm.

also the bearing is bigger in the d16. zc rods would do nothing for you if you have a d15 engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, thats what I mean. They are easy to come by, and parts are cheep... so if you blow it up.. no big deal... (unless this is your daily driver...... then you're juiced...lol)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
OMG go back to H-T or where ever you came from. no engine is dispensable, reguardless if its you DD or not. there is a finite amount of blocks in the world and soon the d will be just like the b, expensive as hell.

we don't waste a d-series here. we build them and love them. go somewhere else if you are here just to blow them up and not care just cause they are cheap.

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
OMG go back to H-T or where ever you came from. no engine is dispensable, reguardless if its you DD or not. there is a finite amount of blocks in the world and soon the d will be just like the b, expensive as hell.
I think its NEWB years day. Between this guy and the other one....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts