Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have this problem with my blinker when I turn it on. No matter if its left/right, the lights don't come on, on the dash, and it makes this fast clicking noise. It will "sometimes" work, very rarely but it will. So for now I don't have them, and of course its rather illegal to not let ppl know which way i'm going, not that its any of their damn business, but whatever.

So any ideas?

Oh I will say this, and i'm assuming this may be the cause, but one day I hot really pissed at my cd player and hit it back into the dash. Shortly after that the problem started to happen......

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this is like hunting in the dark. I could have shot almost anything.

That would mean the problem could be a few things?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
do your hazards work when you press the button?

·
Registered
92CivicCX Black
291 Posts
Not a fan of the fluid comment^^, it was distasteful without offering some real advice as well...

Have you since pulled the radio out from the dash and looked behind it with a light? And are you sure all the bulbs work? I'm not saying that they all went bad, but are you sure every one of them works? Usually the fast blink is due to at least one light being dead, and I'm sure in this case it's because there is absolutely no load on the circuit. Do you hear it clicking 2x faster or closer to 3 or 4x faster than it should?
And do answer that hazards question above.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't tried the hazards yet. I haven't driven it since it started to smoke.

But as far as the blinking, it about 3-4x's faster then it should be. All of my bulbs work. I've checked them, that was were I started first.

I will pull the cd player out and take a look behind it, to see if I see anything unusual.

And the blinker fluid comment was just retarded, but thanks for the imput.:TD:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a great sense of humor, and I love long walks on the beach, sunsets, and riding horses...

So :stfu:

Seriously man, it wasn't needed. I'm not the only one who thought that also. All I wanted was some feedback on my problem, not a comedian.

There's a time and place for everything, and this wasn't the time for that comment.

But again, thanks.:bravo:

·
Registered
92CivicCX Black
291 Posts
Language Language Language!
Ladies, relax!
98, the issue had already been addressed (I thought the comment would have been quite funny if accompanied by reasonable advice, it WAS clever).
By the time you made a comment about it, you were just starting strife again. Learn to absorb strife rather than shooting it back. You will reduce the stress to be had by everyone, trust me.

I haven't tried the hazards yet. I haven't driven it since it started to smoke.
Since WHAT started to smoke? You didn't mention any smoking before. Is this an electrical smoking or engine smoking?

You haven't been blowing any fuses have you? Let me know when you've checked behind the radio.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The smoke i'm talking about is the smoke white smoke coming from the exhaust. Its in another thread in the noob section...think HG may be blown.

I haven't messed with the car since then, which was Tuesday I believe.

Sorry I should have been a little more specific.

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
If you hit the radio back you could have hit a wire in the dash to the inside dash lights, causing more power to go to the bulbs, hence the faster flashing. I would take the radio out and look behind it at the wires.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I removed the cd player, and fooled around with some wires behind it, and didn't really do anything but pull some downward, and then my blinkers are now working. So I'm assuming the wires might have been touching something within the top of the dash that it shouldn't. Oh well, fixed now.

Again thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
92CivicCX Black
291 Posts
Uh, if that's the case, you need to get back there with electrical tape and tape up the bad wire(s). You NEED to get back there and tape up the bad wire(s). This is a fairly low amperage circuit, but you can definitely cause a fire. It should blow the fuse before it would start a fire, but you need to fix it. It's a real problem that most people take too lightly.

And if you sell the car without fixing it or informing the buyer you're being less than honorable. If I ever knew that someone did that and sold me the car w/o fixing or telling me about it so that I can fix it, I'd be PO'd.

Take care of it. It's not worth burning down the whole car, and I assure you, if it does catch fire, there's no way you can get back there fast enough or disconnect the battery fast enough to stop the fire. Once it starts, the car is gone. Not worth it not worth it not worth it. Find the wire and tape it. Spend an hour under the dash/radio/HVACcontrol area and fix your problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts