Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I started boosting my high mileage D15b2/auto last July, but it's career has come to a end. In the fall my auto tranny started slipping under heavy loads, so I started looking at building up the tranny, later on scrapping the fwd trans in favor of a 4wd swap. I planned on doing that next summer but now the engine decided to pop. I was not even driving it that hard and the temp was -13C at the time. No detonation, I am thinking that I had some detonation last summer that weakened the engine causing some stress fractures or something. Turning my engine into a time bomb. Anyway, now I have a big assed hole in the front of the block and a even bigger one at the rear where the #1 rod smashed through. Haven't checked yet but hopefully my turbocharger is still ok. Now the car is gonna have to sit on the drawing board for a while as I have other things to worry about right now. Eventually I want to build up a Vitara Z6 along with the RTi 4wd tranny. Hopefully by next fall. I am gonna miss the car until then as it was alot of fun to drive.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
detonation + D15 = rods exit the block.

I never heard my D16Z6 rattle, but the bearings told me otherwise!

IMHO, you hear a D rattle, you've already hurt it!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMHO, you hear a D rattle, you've already hurt it!
Well I guess I've been living on borrowed time since summer then... LOL I kinda wish is would have blown then, right now I don't have a garage and there is snow on the ground. :(

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i want to see your new build as well :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will keep you guys posted on the new build but before you get too excited I will have you know that I am not using the 6speed tranny, mine will be the RTi "automatic" trans.. LOL
I will be using modified trailing arms from a 4wd wagovan but my plan is to make a jig for the rear trailing arms and reproduce them for sale out of tube steel. The bearing/hub assembly will probably be a domestic bolt on style like this..

This way a guy can just go to Napa or something and buy a hub assembly from a sunfire or something and bolt it right on. I just don't know what would be a good match for wheel bolt pattern, CV spline count, ect.

Of course I would sell it as a kit complete with trailing arms, weld on diff mount, CRV or Wagovan tranny mounts. The 4wd trans, diff, hubs, custom driveshaft would be sourced elsewhere of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts