Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing around in the forums, and can't find any info on what it would take to drop a Blacktop into an 86 integra. I originally brought this 86 integ for 300 bucks for the engine (Browntop) to replace my dead 1.5 in my 86crx si, but the body still has hope. So after i'm done with the crx, I want to put a 2nd Gen ZC in this 86 integ. Thanks!

Post #1 done!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You cant find the info because its not possible. You can put a brown top into an 86 teg. Get a mount kit for a d series into a 86 rex

·
Registered
344 Posts
you can put the 2nd gen zc head on your block, but you'll have to re-wire a ton of stuff (distributer wise). or you can bolt in an 88-89 integra motor, but you will have to make the same wiring changes.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info. So basically the main issue is i'll need a complete 2nd gen ZC wiring harness or an 88-91 si harness? I might as well just move up to Hasport mounts with a B18 if i need to replace the wiring harness. That way the engine will have more after market support. I can find a turbo kit easy for a b18 not-vtec. At least my Si we'll be back to life with the real engine it was supposed to have.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it with my 1st gen teg.
I have a 92 zc motor(obd1). I re-built the rear mount and inverted the tranny mount. Your teg axles will work. I got the complete harness from a 92 eg civic d15b sing. cam vtec motor and under dash.

The swap took some time but it was all i could get down here in trinidad. I have no regrets. Planing to turbo later this year.
some photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts