Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got in to hondas and i have ben working on my 1988 crx as you can tell by my profile and i just put a new head gasket on my d15 and i let the head gasket set and all that and i made all the head bolts were torked to 49. but the car is smokeing black/gray smoke i was wonding if any one had any info for me that would be great thanks in advance.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is from someone else's post on clubsi:

smoke comes in 3 colors; White Blue and Black.
White=Water/coolant...most likely a headgasket.
Blue=Oil...most likely Bad rings
Black=Fuel...At WOT, unburnt fuel...you're just running rich, nothing to worry about

hope this helps.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
88crxer said:
hey i just got in to hondas and i have ben working on my 1988 crx as you can tell by my profile and i just put a new head gasket on my d15 and i let the head gasket set and all that and i made all the head bolts were torked to 49. but the car is smokeing black/gray smoke i was wonding if any one had any info for me that would be great thanks in advance.
My mini-me set up smoked like a little bitch after we swapped the heads. I thought there must be something wrong, but it just took a couple to burn off, I guess. It runs okay now, and the black smoke disappeared after a couple days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts