Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty I had done this a loooong time ago but the thread has since been lost in cyberspace. I still see frequent questions reguarding dsm injectors in hondas so here goes. Not ALL cars will need them many of the older models like crx's came with a resistor box from the factory. If you do not have one and are looking to save a few bucks read on.

****click all images for a larger view these are thumbnails*****

What you need:
4 injectors of course DSM 450's work well and are cheap, easy to find and a dime a dozen. Expect to pay $50-80 for a set. In MOST cases you can re-use the "o" rings but inspect them and use your judgement.

Resistors!! 10 ohm 10 watt wire round resistors. These can be found at Radio Shack for about 5 bucks.

Multimeter. It takes out the guess work.

Optional but prefered things:

Solder and soldering iron. Flux core solder will do nothing fancy here. although I do normaly use a silver solder. You can use butt connectors (splice crimps) but soldering ensures a long lasting result.

Heat shrink

Electrical tape.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On with the install. The first thing we need to do is remove the tab on the inside of the injector. This will allow your stock injector clips to plug right in. Use a pocket knife or a razor blade and "shave" it off.

Now we need to get those injectors to fit into the intake. there are several ways of doing this. You can ream out the inside of the o ring with a dremel, grind down the outside very lightly (how I did mine) and some have actualy said just putting the injectors in and gently tightening down the bolts they will fit. Mind you the last way is a VERY tight fit but hey whatever works. You want a good snug leak free fit whatever method you choose.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On to the wiring!! First locate the connector near the left strut tower and unplug the insert.

Using your multimeter set to continuity (ohms) place one end into the injector clip and locate the injector wire in the plug.

Cut the wire and strip it on both ends. This is where the resistor will be soldered in. Be sure to put a piece of heatshrink on the wire BEFORE soldering. I also like to tin each connection. Tinning is simple adding solder to the wire and resistor ends before final solder. This will make life much easier. I like to dip the wire and whatever I am soldering into the flux wich helps the solder stick in an instant.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now solder in your resistor. It does not matter what direction it goes as there is no polarity. Repeat for each injector clip.

Now put that heatshrink to use. A lighter will work but if you have a heatgun that works much better.

Useing a wire tie (zip-tie) neatly stap the 4 resistors together and electrical tape the remaing harness. Tuck it away or tie it to to the wire harness.

YOU DID IT!! now step back and look at your handy work. Ahh but how do you control them? Heh thats another chapter for you to read up on tah tah ladies!!

B

·
0 Posts
SleepingCRX88 said:
What if your car is ODB0 but u ocnverted to OBD1 and using a p28...would u have to put them in?

Can someone answer this?

·
Registered
428 Posts
are you trying to say to chip my ecu and use uber/crome ? if thats the case i have done that and wanted to make sure i wasnt missing a step here to fry my ecu is seconds

1 - 19 of 19 Posts