Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 78mm bore and need a reliable headgasket for 600 hp..ive blown 2 headgaskets in the past and really want to stop this issue, what are you guys using for the high hp builds? reallly am stuck on this would appreciate the help. thank you d seriess

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
getting pretty thin between the bores...

i would get the block step decked or o-ringed and try again with a GE head gasket... or a bisi HG... chances are they are exactly the same.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay and the 78mm bore is from exospeed its open deck sleeved so i dont see why that wont work? its on one of his threads its a d16a6 block. so just a bisimoto hg , and torque the head down to 70?

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Even though you know it all and do everything right, things can still happen. Like my headlift on the dyno...meh.

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
862 Posts
okay and the 78mm bore is from exospeed its open deck sleeved so i dont see why that wont work? its on one of his threads its a d16a6 block. so just a bisimoto hg , and torque the head down to 70?
we need pics, and open deck with a 78mm bore? sounds like a split sleeve waiting to happen to me. stepped deck and oring for sure though.

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
862 Posts
ok, you have oversized bores, only thing i don't like about that is that you lose some fluid volume for cooling.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes i agree with you.. but i dont really beat on my car in hot weather. Those sleeves are suppose to be good for 700hp right? and i did the 78mm to maybe help spool up my precision 6262 a lil quicker lol and i dont ever see 78mm bores so i had to be different. hopefully it works out well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts