Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a bunch I have decided I was going to go with a Bisimoto cam. Have not seen anything bad about them and everything that I have read about them has been positive.

When it is all said and done I will pretty much have a stock D16A6 with P29's and some sort of cam, Stage 1 or 2. I want to be able to drive this car all time and not worry about it exploding on the way to work or anything.

Has anybody used the stage 1 or 2 cam in a pretty much stock setup except for a little more compression? Just wondering what the difference is. I am also unsure of upgrading the valve train items. I am pretty sure it would not hurt but if it is not needed then I would like to invest the money somewhere else in the car.

I like "red light to red light" racing and don't see myself running 140mph down the highway. Just looking for something that is fun to drive that can be a reliable daily driver.

Thanks

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
theres quite a few people using them now with good results. And bisi's exact words to me when i asked this were stock springs/retainers are fine as long as you stay at the stock redline on the level 2 anything above that will need springs. The level 1 is fine with stock valve train

·
Registered
667 Posts
i was asking the same question: what cam should i use with a stock valvetrain
someone on the forum contacted bisi and he said he can make a level 1.5 n/a cam
and itll cost 229 or something so he suggested i take that route

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres quite a few people using them now with good results. And bisi's exact words to me when i asked this were stock springs/retainers are fine as long as you stay at the stock redline on the level 2 anything above that will need springs. The level 1 is fine with stock valve train
Well I guess I will look into some springs as well then because I am sure I will go a little higher then redline at time. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts