Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Hatch
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam getting my car tuned next week so i was wondering if I can put my bisimoto stage 1.2 cams on my dohc zc motor till it gets tune? And will it drive good or will I have problem?Iam using stock cams right now..

·
Registered
91 Hatch
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a certain way I would have to drive it ? the reason why Iam not getting it tuned right away is because my tuner is out of town..I just wanted to have everything together when he gets back?but I also need my car to go to work and.so will I be ok driver it with those cams installed? my head is built with supertech spring,retainers,seats? thanks appreciate it

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe'
56 Posts
dont go vtec crazy or anythin just drive it easy like only rev it out to 3 or 4000 rpms in between shifts it should be fine but look up what the timing specs should be for the cams n adjust the timing for the cams....also if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator up the fuel pressure by like 10 psi...thats really alll they do when they tune your car is fuel pressure and timing...maybe a lil more if you have a vafc2 piggyback ecu or somthin
you need a timing light to adjust the timing btw

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
dont go vtec crazy or anythin just dirve it easy like only rev it out to 3 or 4000 rpms in between shifts it should be fine but look up what the timing specs should be for the cams n adjust the timing for the cams....also if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator up the fuel pressure by like 10 psi...thats really alll they do when they tune your car is fuel pressure and timing...maybe a lil more if you have a vafc2 piggyback ecu or somthin
Ignition timing is different than cam timing. Tuning a Honda with a chipped ECU is definitely a lot more than fuel pressure and timing the way you're talking about it. BTW, extra FP on a basically stock setup could casue problems with the rings.

If it's Bisi's 1,2 grind, I doubt you should have a problem. The tune should be pretty much to optimize your set up. I don't think those cams should be anything a stock ECU can't compensate for.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
it should be fine but look up what the timing specs should be for the cams n adjust the timing for the cams....also if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator up the fuel pressure by like 10 psi...thats really alll they do when they tune your car is fuel pressure and timing...maybe a lil more if you have a vafc2 piggyback ecu or somthin
Woah bad advice!!

OP is this a chipped ecu I take it if so did he give you a basemap? Does this basemap run the car? Timing should be just like stock you should degree the cams in but that can be done on the dyno. Set everything to 0 then set your base timing again all should be fine. Leave your fuel pressure alone tuners tune fuel and ignition maps along with driveability fuel mileage tip in injector offsets and quite a few other parameters. Your best bet is to just drive it like you have it now then on the day of or the day before the tune throw the cams in. Make sure that you use brad penn oil that will help with the longevity of the cam some of the best oil on the market right there.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
dont go vtec crazy or anythin just drive it easy like only rev it out to 3 or 4000 rpms in between shifts it should be fine but look up what the timing specs should be for the cams n adjust the timing for the cams....also if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator up the fuel pressure by like 10 psi...thats really alll they do when they tune your car is fuel pressure and timing...maybe a lil more if you have a vafc2 piggyback ecu or somthin
he doesnt have vtec there awsome guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts