Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive since 10 000km bisimoto stage 2 cam with bisimoto springs. I took a look on the the valve adjustement twice, and each time intake side clearance become closer of .001-.002 including the cam break-in. This complete head have only 60 000km done on it, 45 000 on stock engine and daily driver.

Those springs are too stiff for stock valve, they seems to stretch, I have some fears about breaking. Stock retainers seem to be in good shape with that, no sign of wear or deform.

I will drive this cam/springs combo to the winter, and remove these springs. I'll go back with my two lovely y8 intake set that never float with my delta cam and never stretch valves and install a another set of oem valve. I don't rev over 7500, no need of those springs.

That's my story that I wanna share with you all. If it might help somebody in his valve spring choice, I'll be glad.

Thank you

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Interesting, I've heard they were a bit hard. What do you think about the springs exospeed sells, the isky springs? I'll be revving to 7500-7800rpm with exo's stage 3. :) So, now Im def not gonna get bisi springs. Thanks for the heads up. :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
really since when i spoke with him a long time ago he stated they would be fine with stock valves.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not swearing or downgrading bisimotos parts, but they tested almost everything on track with forged and built engine. Those springs are made to get the max RPM with stainless or titanium valves. They are excellent in a RACE ONLY aplpication or FULLY build engine. Not on stock head parts. I also don't know in long term what about the rocker arm wear.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really since when i spoke with him a long time ago he stated they would be fine with stock valves.
He said to me the same last year. I will write him back.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Was valve lash set with the engine hot or cold?

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right if it was cold at first and hot the next there gonna be diff
I did it when running hot. I wear a full face helmet to protect my face of oil shooting while running.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
I'm pretty sure he knows how to check valve lash. ;)

Belette, have you disassembled the head and examined the valves?
now, now, hush. let the noob say some good input. the again he didn't know Belette is a D-series OG. *grandma voice*

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure he knows how to check valve lash. ;)

Belette, have you disassembled the head and examined the valves?
You're right my friend, I might know how to check valve lash since a while ;)

I didn't disassemble the head yet, engine is still running, I have to tough it to the next winter. I check it often, I will let you know this winter when I'll lift the head.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
I did it when running hot. I wear a full face helmet to protect my face of oil shooting while running.
omfg! that is sooo fucking funny i can see a noob doing this then posting : how can i keep my helmet sheild clean from oil while i do this.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
omfg! that is sooo fucking funny i can see a noob doing this then posting : how can i keep my helmet sheild clean from oil while i do this.
LOL !!!

They can keep shield clean by giving the job to somebody else :slap:

It's always a pleasure to get nice advices from new guys :)

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
I usually adjust my lash with the rpm set at 7500rpm, that way I have insurance it will be ok to my 7k limit. :TU:

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
that's the one cool thing about a good 'ol domestic v8...they make little clips that you can put on the rockers so the oil doesn't 'shoot on your face while running'....lol

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
arent you worried about pinching your fingers... can you show me how to i think that the adjustment will be more accurate........

1 - 20 of 58 Posts