Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic Si
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've got a question about the Bisimoto header. I've finally saved up my money for my build. I have a question about the header though because I know you have one. I went to order it and Bisimoto's website is sold out but FJDistributors can put in an order with them for me; however, it will take two months. I want to put in the order now because I am probably going to put the build together in the next three weeks, but the order form is really specific and I dunno which cam I am going to use yet, and then it also asks about hp and torque ratings @RPM, which I will not know unless I get it tuned on my shitty DC 4-1 header I got from a friend. What do you think I should do? Should I get it tuned on the DC header, use those stats to order the header and then tune it again after I get the header? Francisco at FJ told me that if I tune it on my shitty DC header that when I put the Bisi header on it will most likely lean out the mix and throw the tune off... I'm not too strapped for cash at the moment, but I also think it would be ridiculous to get it tuned, get the header, and tune it again. I need to minimize down time as it is a DD when I'm not at school. Please tell me what ya'll think.

Thanks fellas,

Brian

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,928 Posts
Honestly, the answers to the questions in the form aren't going to change much (if anything) about your header. I asked for several specific things on my header form which weren't delivered (like a welded flange that I offered to pay extra for) which makes me believe that they didn't even look at the sheet that I returned.

·
Registered
258 Posts
why do u keep referring to your dc header as "shitty"

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I don't think it's gonna hurt to fudge some of the numbers. I looked around the forums for dyno charts on D16A6's with similar setups to mine and formed a pretty good idea from that. As long as your in a reasonable ball-park you'll be ok.

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
All the bisi headers I've seen have the same sized pipe and shape. There was a thread a while ago that talking about how everyone is built to custom specs but I'm unconvinced. The collector is an oddball size as well IRC

Fill out the order form with your best guess at your build, get the header, then have it tuned, or save some moneys and get the kidd racing one, he's a helpful guy.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
If you are referring to the v2 version, Julio told me on the fone a few weeks ago they are no longer stocking them. He said they are going full custom units for like $850ish now.

If they dont give me the options/answers im looking for, I may go with a RC custom header for a very similar price. Bob's are ceramic coated as well.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
why do u keep referring to your dc header as "shitty"
Because they are?
Bottlenecked at the restrictor makes the DC header as good as any Ching-Chong e-bay heacder. Do the restrictor mod on it and your in the ballgame.:bigok:
All the bisi headers I've seen have the same sized pipe and shape. There was a thread a while ago that talking about how everyone is built to custom specs but I'm unconvinced. The collector is an oddball size as well IRC

Fill out the order form with your best guess at your build, get the header, then have it tuned, or save some moneys and get the kidd racing one, he's a helpful guy.
Truth!
Everyone i've seen is the same as any other?

My buddy has the "kidd racing" d-header and its decent..........You can't see through the welds when held up to light for starters. :)

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Because they are?
Bottlenecked at the restrictor makes the DC header as good as any Ching-Chong e-bay heacder. Do the restrictor mod on it and your in the ballgame.:bigok:

Truth!
Everyone i've seen is the same as any other?

My buddy has the "kidd racing" d-header and its decent..........You can't see through the welds when held up to light for starters. :)

ugh i want a one piece DC so bad. they actually work pretty well... way better than megan or ebay jank.

and everyone thinks they are shit so they go dirty cheap :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Forget the Bisi header....not worth the hassle! KIDD Racing, Hy-tech and a few others will give you a quality header with GOOD customer service!!!

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
i actually heard the kidd bisi knockoff was a power loser all over the place.... down on tq everywhere.
If this is compared to the real deal then I can see that. The kidd racing collector doesn't seem to be up to par with the real bisi unit.

I would have bought a kidd racing unit from Teknotik but I like my power steering. haha. Time to break out the mig and grinder!

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
If this is compared to the real deal then I can see that. The kidd racing collector doesn't seem to be up to par with the real bisi unit.

I would have bought a kidd racing unit from Teknotik but I like my power steering. haha. Time to break out the mig and grinder!
Why not just call Rob at Trackwerks and get it locally?

Im pretty sure Teknotik (Eric) will charge you more and Rob is a my boy and good guy to deal with.

P:S: K-Playground is having a lapping day at Shannonville on Aug 1st you should come down and rip it up.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I saw Kidd racing header while at IA ATL 2011. I must say it didn't look all that great to me. Welds look kinda sloppy and overall looked pretty homemade. He said it performed great though...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
just speaking from experience:

i have a fresh v2 prototype here at home for my y7 build...the welds are clean and very nice (my father inspected them and he was a professional welder for over 15 years for the military and thought they looked up to snuff)...

my only gripe was the header seems to be made of a thinner gauge of metal and that worries me some but not that big of a deal honestly. I essentially got the header for about $300 or so. I ordered it, my level 2 custom cam, cam gear when randy was sponsoring header purchases.

they built it exactly to my specs as well and were extremely helpful to me when it came to the customer service end of things. thats my experience. cant wait to put it on.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Julio told me on the fone a few weeks ago they are no longer stocking them. He said they are going full custom units for like $850ish now.
Wow, glad to hear my custom header wasn't really custom... Anyways I ended up selling mine anyways. Hopefully it doesn't "go bad" on the next owner.

I kind of agree with you guys saying it may not actually be custom (well, the above statement implies it actually wasn't); I asked for no upper O2 bung as I have no need for it, but came with it anyways; they do not supply any plugs so it's a minor inconvenience. I had also told them I was using a 3" exhaust but I guess that requires mods on the consumer end(adapter). As for the actual runner design, etc. I had my suspicions that they were the same but figure they were just built with similar parts(ie slightly longer/shorter pipes in different areas)

Compared to "similar" B-series headers, the Bisimoto was pretty light and seemed thin(mainly at the flange), but I don't think it would have caused issues. Kind of a plus for those shaving weight. IIRC, the "weld issue" was also on the first run of V2s. Someone else had issues with leaking at the collector; it looks like a slip-fit design and the welds only on the outside to hold it in place. On the B-series version of their header, springs are used instead of welding it in place.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
This is why im looking elsewhere for a good header for my build. RC offers a custom for close to the price of a Bisi one. And I believe they use a Burns collector as well, dont quote me there tho.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
if the new ones go for $850 and are coated its not that bad of a deal but if its uncoated then f that idea! mine is definetly a "custom" header, the dimensions are exactly what i specified. i checked the night i recieved it.

the one i have uses that "slip fit" design but from what i hear its a great idea to get a piece of woven flex pipe welded in between the header and downpipe. If the two are just welded together "as is" then its SUPER rigid and the vibration can cause the welds to crack over time.

Also of note Lovefab makes a freaking LEGIT header for the D for $799 with a lifetime warranty on it against cracking. It would be my high dollar choice if i ever wanted to spend on it once and be done. pics included.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 95 Posts