Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my experience with Bisi, Hedi and Julio over at Bisimoto Engineering:

Had an appointment for 10:30 AM, got there at 9:30 AM met with Janet and signed in. Waited until 10:30 and Bisi came and greeted us in his trophy room, he was very friendly and excited. He asked us to bring the car around to his bay in the back of the facility, we pushed it around and Julio began setting the car up onto the DynaPacks. Bisi then started to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and nitpicking my mistakes :cool2: lol. After going over it he asked us how we wanted it tuned and we replied with "conservative" since it will be daily driven.

Then, the problems started happening. The car had a rough start, rough idle and died on tip in throttle. Bisi was vigilante in diagnosing the car, he came to the conclusion that the Omnipower 3 bar MAP sensor was the culprit. He switched it out for a stock Honda MAP and the symptoms went away. Then as he tried to start tuning, the TPS and MAP sensor weren't reading correctly. Bisi found out they were switched around and fixed that.

Basically we had so many little problems it took over 5 hours for us to even begin tuning the car which Bisi took with stride and never made it seem like we were wasting his time (I can't say how much I appreciated this Bisi).

Hedi "randomly" asked us if we were vegetarians and we replied "No". She then left and not too long later she brought us some burgers and drinks (we had been awake for 24+ hours and hadn't ate being so excited getting the car running)

Bisi began tuning and at 10 PSI creeping to 11 the car made 255 whp and 202 wtq, then we ran into another issue with the wastegate this time. Bisi fixed it like a boss and kept tuning. 15.5 PSI netted ~275 whp and 220 wtq. About an hour later he stopped at 17.8 PSI and 320 whp @ 7000 RPM and 254 wtq @ 6000 RPM.

Setup is:
Stock Y8 Head
Vitara / FJ-R bottom end (9.1:1 CR on 91 Octane)
Go-Autoworks Tuner kit (T3/T4 50 trim .63 A/R)
ID1000cc injectors

The tires we were running had clearance issues with the cold side charge pipes, Bisi being so kind LENT us 2 13" wheels to get home on with a promise from us to bring them back.

We ended up being there for about 8 hours and ended up buying a AEM MAP sensor due to the Omnipower crapping out on us. Bisi had a planned event to be at earlier in the day and went out of his way to make sure we could drive home. The total cost of the tune, MAP sensor, etc was well into the $1,250 range but Bisi and Hedi being true enthusiasts and friends brought the price down to $650 total.

The whole time Bisi was working on this car I was amazed on how dedicated he was and how passionate he was about getting the car to run perfect. Hedi came by and chatted with us while Bisi did his magic, I got to see the 1004 WHP Civic Si and all of his nice projects.

I really have no words to describe how amazing these people are and what they do for the racing community.

I already have 3 friends planning on taking their cars to him after hearing what he did for us.

Bisi: Thank you times one million, you are insane!
Hedi: Thank you for your hospitality.
Julio: You saved the day with the MAP sensor diagnosis, hahaha.

·
Registered
ALL 88-91 CIVIC/CRX
103 Posts
Nice to hear a good review about Bisi also.. It seems like some people have had bad experiences with bisi on his products.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
suprised to hear.

But Im not convinced.
Harder to screw someone in person, and harder to avoid people if there is a problem. I say IP check OP to make sure its not one of his cronies :D

Lol, OP, glad it went well.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Well I don't think anyone ever bad mouthed his talent or abilities just his customer service and questionable part quality vs price.

·
Registered
698 Posts
$1250 down to $650??? That's one hell of 'a friend'. With such poor customer service, it sucks to see good talent go to waste.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good shit! That's bad ass man! :TU:

But................................. where are the pics or video :?
Working on it, going to make a video and upload it to Youtube tomorrow.
Harder to screw someone in person, and harder to avoid people if there is a problem. I say IP check OP to make sure its not one of his cronies :D

Lol, OP, glad it went well.
Trust me, I don't work for Bisi.

$1250 down to $650??? That's one hell of 'a friend'. With such poor customer service, it sucks to see good talent go to waste.
Well if you think about it, we were there for 7+ hours @ $180 an hour + $140 for the MAP sensor it's well over what we paid which I'm thankful for.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
A local tuner (Blundar) who is a member here but doesn't post often, has the same issues with people bringing in "junk" that he has to fix in order to tune. It is one thing to half ass a build, but sometimes the owner just doesn't know. I'm not bashing you, but I've seen some of the crap that has been brought in for tuning.

So a simple 2 hour tuning session can turn into 6-7 hours fighting headaches. Mounting and dismounting the car from the Dynapack cells is no fun either. Esp. on lowered cars with lots of camber.

I only say this as I've watched/helped Dave a few times with the dyno. He can only see two display screens when making a pull. I try to be the extra set of eyes that might see a coolant leak, cracked turbo manifold, etc. Or even hear a random noise that he can't hear from the drivers seat, hopefully while wearing ear protection!

Also how I learned about the slew number settings on the Dynapack and how they effect the readings :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A local tuner (Blundar) who is a member here but doesn't post often, has the same issues with people bringing in "junk" that he has to fix in order to tune. It is one thing to half ass a build, but sometimes the owner just doesn't know. I'm not bashing you, but I've seen some of the crap that has been brought in for tuning.

So a simple 2 hour tuning session can turn into 6-7 hours fighting headaches. Mounting and dismounting the car from the Dynapack cells is no fun either. Esp. on lowered cars with lots of camber.

I only say this as I've watched/helped Dave a few times with the dyno. He can only see two display screens when making a pull. I try to be the extra set of eyes that might see a coolant leak, cracked turbo manifold, etc. Or even hear a random noise that he can't hear from the drivers seat, hopefully while wearing ear protection!

Also how I learned about the slew number settings on the Dynapack and how they effect the readings :)
Yea I understand, nothing that was on the car was wrong or half assed it was just I didn't know any better. The MAP sensor was a failure on Omnipower's part everything else was either overlooked or fixed before tuning.

·
The Man, The myth, The legend
2003 Cadillac Esc.
181 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Sebastian. My D-series brothers, thanks for the kind words as well. The bad eggs within Bisimoto are not with us anylonger, as I have mentioned in the past, and we are dedicated to taking care of you.
The best is yet to come, and have a great week.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Sebastian. My D-series brothers, thanks for the kind words as well. The bad eggs within Bisimoto are not with us anylonger, as I have mentioned in the past, and we are dedicated to taking care of you.
The best is yet to come, and have a great week.
We've heard this before. Three times, to be precise. *shrugs* Whatever.

This whole post is WTF I've been talking about for a long time. Bisi himself is pretty )(#*()*#$ awesome, helpful, knowledgeable and capable. I just have issues with Bisimoto's lack of customer service and some of the parts they sell (looks at the Bisimoto V2 header sitting on a shelf, waiting to get repaired (again) by me this winter break).

I really hope that people pay attention to this post and can be mature enough to separate the man from the company, when it comes to real stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.