1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bisimoto 1.2 camshaft vs stock, valve springs and stuff

Hey all,
I'm in the process of building my car. So far I've built the engine with cp 9:1/eagles. I got too turbo kits, t3/t4 ar50/63 and wrx tdo4l.
t3/t4 is now on car, but I can switch between them to see what give me more powerband and max hp.

So now I have the option to buy a bisimoto 1.2 turbo cam. How well it will perform with my setup vs stock cam? Will it give me any broader poweband? More peak power? What are the benefits of this cam?

Thanks.

·
Banned
98 Civic EX 160k MI
12 Posts
Eh, i would say it would improve the car a bit, but youd have to get it tuned. Gotta have cam gears and better valve springs. I would go with the 2.4 though.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valve springs is a must? And how much hp it will gain over the stock cam? Is there any graph out there which compares both? Thanks.

·
Banned
98 Civic EX 160k MI
12 Posts
Yes if they go on Bisimoto sites, and read it doesnt say its a must but its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. and dude. when i googled bisimoto 1.2 vs stock cam and this came up. (MIGHT BE BIAS, POSTED ON A BISIMOTO FORUM AND RESULTS POSTED BY BISIMOTO)

Google can be your friend.

BISIMOTO POSTED SOURCES
Stock sleeves
14psi
354whp
Gain: 47whp

Stock D16Z6
Ebay kit
2.5" piping
Bisimoto level 1.2 vs Zex 59300
8 psi wastegate spring
Bisimoto gain: 50 whp and 35 ft/lbs

Bisimoto level 1.2 Cam,
Bisimoto Pro Springs
Vitara Pistons,
Eagle Rods,
Headstuds,
Ebay Turbo,
Pump Gas,
8psi/1 bar
234 whp, 192 ft/lbs (at low 8psi)
301 whp, 241 ft/lbs (at about 1 bar)

Bisimoto level 1.2 camshaft
Bisimoto Springs
Bisimoto Cam gear
stock sleeves .5mm overbore
CP 9:1 pistons
eagle rods
acl bearings
cometic gasket
arp studs
stock port head
edelbrock manifold
AFI turbo kit
SC61 turbo .63 t3
3" downpipe/exhaust
hondata S100
dual stage manual boost controller
boost was 22-23 psi falling at higher rpm to 20-21 psi
413 whp, +300 ft/lbs tq

Check this Thread out over on HondaTech. Im pretty sure it has Dynocharts for the 2.4 but i cant see them cause im at school and images are blocked. To be honest. i cant really see any comparisons against stock... I would write down the specs of each cam then post on here and get peoples feedback from someone like slo_ego or chrisfrom1998 or whatever his name is.... Theyre D-Gods.

Research, Research, Research...

·
Banned
98 Civic EX 160k MI
12 Posts
But didn't Bisimoto totally give up on Hondas? Seems like his entire website is dedicated to Porsche now...
It seems that way, although he has dedicated alot of stuff to the d-series...

TBH, his products are kinda overpriced and i read some threads on here about his welders at his factory and lets just say, they are NOT good...

I better shut up now...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
I hope he has increased the QC of his cam cores, they use to disintegrate after only a few thousand miles, even with oil additives and everything. Also some of his cams will wipe your LMA's out.

Either way no matter what cam you choose keep an eye on your valve lash, if you need to keep adjusting it then remove the cam and inspect for damage.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,046 Posts
yeah, please do some more reading on bisi. there are other companies that make cams. rocket I think is a member/vendor here. or colt, web, ect ect.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
I'd pay someone to work on my car before I spend a penny on anything shitymoto.

Edit, could we hijack this into a "I'd rather xxxxxx than support bisi thread?

·
Banned
98 Civic EX 160k MI
12 Posts
Id rather eat dog shit than support shittymoto.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes if they go on Bisimoto sites, and read it doesnt say its a must but its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. and dude. when i googled bisimoto 1.2 vs stock cam and this came up. (MIGHT BE BIAS, POSTED ON A BISIMOTO FORUM AND RESULTS POSTED BY BISIMOTO)

Google can be your friend.

BISIMOTO POSTED SOURCES
Stock sleeves
14psi
354whp
Gain: 47whp

Stock D16Z6
Ebay kit
2.5" piping
Bisimoto level 1.2 vs Zex 59300
8 psi wastegate spring
Bisimoto gain: 50 whp and 35 ft/lbs

Bisimoto level 1.2 Cam,
Bisimoto Pro Springs
Vitara Pistons,
Eagle Rods,
Headstuds,
Ebay Turbo,
Pump Gas,
8psi/1 bar
234 whp, 192 ft/lbs (at low 8psi)
301 whp, 241 ft/lbs (at about 1 bar)

Bisimoto level 1.2 camshaft
Bisimoto Springs
Bisimoto Cam gear
stock sleeves .5mm overbore
CP 9:1 pistons
eagle rods
acl bearings
cometic gasket
arp studs
stock port head
edelbrock manifold
AFI turbo kit
SC61 turbo .63 t3
3" downpipe/exhaust
hondata S100
dual stage manual boost controller
boost was 22-23 psi falling at higher rpm to 20-21 psi
413 whp, +300 ft/lbs tq

Check this Thread out over on HondaTech. Im pretty sure it has Dynocharts for the 2.4 but i cant see them cause im at school and images are blocked. To be honest. i cant really see any comparisons against stock... I would write down the specs of each cam then post on here and get peoples feedback from someone like slo_ego or chrisfrom1998 or whatever his name is.... Theyre D-Gods.

Research, Research, Research...
I've already done lots of reasearch, and also saw this thread. They talk about bisi cams vs other modified cams. There is no comparison with a oem cam. Anyways, I prefer getting feedback someone other then the manufacturer, and you know why. Also, all the posts I found about bisi cams are pretty old and I thought it would be better to get some updated info.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any bisi 1.2 vs stock cam comparison on the net.

Anyway, I bought the cam for a pretty decent price, so I'll try it and in the worse case sell it.

Does anyone has any info about camgear and valve adjustments with this cam?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Ya avoid bisi like the plague. this guy put out some terrible parts in the last few years. so many threads on here about the poor quality.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the engine for parts because I got some good deal on it. I'll try the bisi 1.2 cam and hope to make a comparison against the stock cam.
Anyway, the seller told me that the valve springs are aftermarket. He didn't know what brand is it exactly.
I took one intake spring out, and by visual inspection it looks exatly like the oem ones, execpt for the color. Are there any aftermarket valve springs out there, which look similar to the oem ones?

Attached pics of both springs, left is the new spring and the right ones is oem.

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you sure they are? It's really cool then!
How do you identify them?

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Unless someone had the same setup that you have and tested the 2 different cam you're asking about on their setup no one is able to tell you the deference of how each cam perform.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts