Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I send my head out to get p&p and 1mm oversize valves installed, I want to make sure I'm not going to have clearance issues with this set up:

y8 head
y8 HG
p29s
Bisi stage 2
Springs + TI retainers

Anybody know of any known issues with this set up?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Other than it being someone elses problem when you whoop their ass.... I see no problems at all

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear. I can't wait to see how this things runs with this built head and a tune on hondata. Should be a lot faster then my original [email protected] :(

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Good to hear. I can't wait to see how this things runs with this built head and a tune on hondata. Should be a lot faster then my original [email protected] :(
Alot faster... Believe me..I will put money on it

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Ouch! I ran that on a stock B7 with a CX tranny! And that was for shits and giggles, beacause it was 1/4 mile night the day I bought the car and went up with my buddy's.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah 16.55 was with no tune, no vtec, timming way too far advanced, 2.5" header back, and some wheel hop. I sure hope its better next time :) I'm hoping for 12s with a 100 shot later down the road.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
12's should be not an issue I promise....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Make sure to clay it before you start it, P29's, O/S valves (probebly not needed), larger cam. Good chance the clearances are going to be close.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Make sure to clay it before you start it, P29's, O/S valves (probebly not needed), larger cam. Good chance the clearances are going to be close.
That wont be an issue at all.... D's have ALOT of clearence.... No worries

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
I'm not claying my build, I'm not even worried about clearence issues. Everyone told me I was crazy taking 0.60" off my my B7. The only thing crazy was my compression went up! lol.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That wont be an issue at all.... D's have ALOT of clearence.... No worries
I believe you, but I'm a measure twice, cut once person

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Always clay.

My motor, PLENTY of valve clearance, .090-.100......

but with regular spark plugs, the piston dome hit the ground strap.

R5671A's with there shorter design will work, but it'll still be close.

Even though I clayed once before, that was only on one cylinder. I will do EVERY cylinder before finally cranking the head studs down.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I am now using "Magical" Bisi ordered plugs....

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
it's funny you spoke on the OS valves cause when i spoke to Bisi i asked them if i would need some OSV he stated i wouldn't need them and at times getting OSV can hurt a setup.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hurt the setup? I don't see why the ability to take in more air and fuel at once would hurt the performance. Why would that be? curious.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts