Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bisi springs and was wondering if any brand of titanium retainers would work? Bisi retainers are a little more$$ than the others and was just wondering if I can save a few bucks. Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a d16z6 high comp forged about 13.1 comp about the only Honda oem part in the engine is the crank. You still think it's ok? Btw the head still needs ported ;) what do you think would be good for this engine port wise?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The crank? *shrugs* I've rarely seen any engines that have any need of anything done to the crank, as long as it hasn't had any bearings spin.

A good cleanup of the ports of the head is the first step towards positive increases in power. It's also a good first thing to attempt on a spare head if you've never done it before. You will make some mistakes your first time.

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
danz and i both use OEM retainers and rev over 9000rpm.

bisi springs work good.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
engine parts
forged 12.1
edelbrock mani
rdx injectors
all arp bolts/studs
bisi level 3 cam and gear
aem ems

i know its just a little n/a engine and i was not sure on how much port work would be good for this setup. im sure going huge is not always better thats why i want to put some thought into it. i have heard good things about endyn so i might let them do the port work if i have the $$

also on this build you guys think the stock tb is ok or shoud i go 60mm?

thanks again

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
jut have the intake and exhaust ports reworked and the combustion chamber deshrouded and call it a day with a nice valve job

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the heads up, ok what would less likely to fail the stock retainers or the titanimum ones for a very long road races? I know they have been taken far but for a very short time aka drag racing. Just wondering if this would have a difference. Thanks

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
no one can tell you. OEM valves last for 400,000 miles

i dont think many engine mfg's use titanium on OEM builds.

PS, are you talking A6 valve spring retainers or the newer style head retainers? the a6 ones are pretty heavy but the newer ones arent much heavier than the Ti versions.

edit; nm, its a z6... use OEM. i would.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Stock retainers are not that much more heavier titanium ones, plus titanium is brittle and needs replaced every 25k miles or so...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts