Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a cam gear from bisimoto under a package deal and now their correspondence person is saying they dont make one for the y7. will a z6 bisimoto cam gear work on a y7 camshaft if its fully adjustable?

im not certain of all the differences between the gears for the d-series cams

thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you,i figured it would because the bisi gear is adjustable 6 degrees for advancing and retarding so im sure thats enough to work it out properly.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Just get a y8 cam gear, its the same as the y7.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bisimoto doesnt make any cam gears for the d16y_ applications or i would...i find that to be rather odd but thats what their customer service rep just told me in an email

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the suggestion ryan89crx im gonna see if bisimoto will just offer to throw an AEM cam gear my way. them an AEM are thick as thieves these days so im sure they have them in all kinds of colors!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i figured they would be around 100 or so. i wanted to maintain all bisimoto products on this build but i guess ill have to stop being so damn picky about it...my builds never go smoothly on the ordering side...ever

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the bisi z6 gear works just fine, you just have to retard timing 4 degrees and it wont cause any problems. got this answer from the bisimoto forum from an admin. thanks for the help here too. its nice to know what products work on certain applications.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts