1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last week I bought this:

Amazon.com: 1991 HONDA CIVIC WAGON Shop Service Repair Manual CD: Automotive

The estimated ship date was Thursday, but fast shipping has almost no bearing on the actual product.

What I got was a CD, and on that CD was one PDF file. That PDF file is the factory service manual for the 1991 Honda Civic Wagon. I HIGHLY recommend this to EVERYONE! Sure you can download some of the service manuals online however this one is specific to my car and is officially licensed by Honda. It is easy to navigate, properly indexed and all the pages are clear and easy to read.

Considering in regular book form factory service manuals even used run for $100+ this was $40 shipped and it won't yellow, tear, no spilling your water on it, or get grease stains on it from your dirty fingers.

Seems like my screen shots got kind of messed up, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the fuck? People pay for a PDF? :-s

"This CD is a replica of the manual(s) published by the factory" Not endorsed by Honda, don't get that twisted.

back of the cd case said:
This is a genuine licensed product by Honda, any violation of copyright infringement will be strictly enforced and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I just realized how much of a douche I seemed like just posting the picture and quote. I don't mean it that way. I am refuting what I think you read on amazon's website with what the actual CD case says.

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id rather download for free and save the 40 bucks
I would have too but good luck finding this service manual for download anywhere. It has great information on the viscous coupler and many other rt4wd wagon only bits that will be invaluable for me.

Also what is nice about this one compared to other crx and hatchback manuals that I have downloaded is how easy it is to browse, it is complete not just the "important" stuff, as well as how clear all the words and diagrams are.

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts

I just realized how much of a douche I seemed like just posting the picture and quote. I don't mean it that way. I am refuting what I think you read on amazon's website with what the actual CD case says.
I still don't believe it lol.
However it looks like a solid quality product. You definitely got your moneys worth.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Most of the ONLINE manuals leave out sections that whoever originally did the file didn't think was ever gonna be needed.

SO how long until you zip that CD and put it out in the wild????

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Most of the ONLINE manuals leave out sections that whoever originally did the file didn't think was ever gonna be needed.

SO how long until you zip that CD and put it out in the wild????
I have an FTP server ready and waiting.
I more than happily take what others will post on the internet but I do not think I can in good conscience do it myself. Though I have no issues posting a page or two here or there. Maybe in a few months I'll get over it. We'll see. It isn't as if Honda is really making any money off these CDs. Though I do recommend others buying at least one of everything for one reason or another.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought "1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Honda Accord Shop Service Repair Manual CD Engine" from Amazon. Amazon.com: 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Honda Accord Shop Service Repair Manual CD Engine: Automotive

PDF appears to be scanned pages of the service manual with text converted with methods akin to Acrobat's OCR (Optical Character Recognition). Numerous pages were bookmarked and some hyperlinks created. Also, page numbering correlated with the pages on print.

To verify if this company was infringing on copy rights, I asked Helm's about Bishko, their answer was "I’m sorry I’m not aware of that company." They did not reply my further inquiries. Honda did not reply at all.

The Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce, where the business is located, stated that

"President of the Chamber was able to verify that the Bishko Books is a legitimate and working business. She knows the owner personally and talked to him today."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts