Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after reading, bothering, asking and doing so more reading and then a long drawn out AIM session......I've decided to leave the motor inside the car as is and concetrate on my spare D15B7 that I have sitting around.

It's gonna be a long year of buying shit so here's my shopping list.

Bisi Level 1.2 regrind (this will be on an D16A6 cam going in a B7 head)
Bisi valvespring and retainer kit
Go-Autoworks Tuner Kit ( Sorry John. What we discussed is just gonna take too many years for me to complete. I'm not that baller quite yet. I feel this kit is the proper step down for what I can afford. :()
Standard bore Vitaras
ARP headstud
FJ custom length USDM 1.5 rods
3 angle valve job

There are some supplimentals that I will need to discuss with everyone like bearings, guides, seals ect ect. But I feel this is gonna be (more than) enough to reach my safe 250whp goal for this motor. I'd love to discuss more with you guys and I'm very serious about doing this the right way. It may take a while but other than my daughter and my gf, this is the most important thing to me. And it will recieve as much time and money as it will need.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
This is gonna be the place to get into great detail let us know whats on your mind we will lead you down the path to turbo bliss. Do you have a motor guy yet because some of these things will be determined by him like bearings and all that good stuff. But if you havent found one investigate the hell out of them ask them questions see if they have dealt with honda ask others who they have used. This will eliminate some bullshit for you as well

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well shit. The retainers off the list is gonna save me another $340. lol but yeah, the bisi regrind is only $229 and it's actually gonna go in my repeat of bones D15Beast7 build thats already in the car. I'm sending the cam out after x-mas. Gotta get some presents bought before I start buying parts.

'm in the midst of looking for a good builder here in the Nati. I hear way too many horror stories though from some of the local shops ripping people off and shit. I'm wondering how much of this motor I'll be able to put together by myself.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Sounds like a solid build, can't wait to see some progress.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damm never knew bisimoto was that cheap..
I wouldn't call $229 cheap for a regrind. Exospeed has some cheaper grinds I think but I really really like what Bisi has put out on the streets. Impressive numbers and great quality. I wish I could afford one of his short block packages. :(

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Ask Bone for a good machinist in the area, i think he lives in Cincinnati too, but i am not a big enough E-stalker to know for sure.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, he lives close by. I think he delivers Vet meds or something like that to a Vet right by my apartment. It's kinda scary to know someone online is that close to me. ewww. But until he chimes in (doubtful) I can't get in touch with him. I havent figured out the secret to getting him to answer a PM. I know a few people in town but they're all gonna tell me to B swap before I do anything else. There are ALOT of clean B build in Cinci.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah, he lives close by. I think he delivers Vet meds or something like that to a Vet right by my apartment. It's kinda scary to know someone online is that close to me. ewww. But until he chimes in (doubtful) I can't get in touch with him. I havent figured out the secret to getting him to answer a PM. I know a few people in town but they're all gonna tell me to B swap before I do anything else. There are ALOT of clean B build in Cinci.
Its hard at times to get him to answer but I didnt have any issues b/c I was doing business with him. Are you on CSR or CSS? I would post there and see if anyone answers.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey if need be J bring that shit down here my boy will get it done for a good price if you cant find someone you trust just let me know your not that terribly far for a weekend trip
Yeah I got like 1 week of vaca left until 4/20/09 then I get another 2 weeks. I can make good use outt that time. Build engine then visit mom in Alexandria.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Yeah I got like 1 week of vaca left until 4/20/09 then I get another 2 weeks. I can make good use outt that time. Build engine then visit mom in Alexandria.
Dual purpose there ya go now you just hope that you dont need an over bore if so I have other resources to get another motor or something get it put together and you can scoop it up

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dual purpose there ya go now you just hope that you dont need an over bore if so I have other resources to get another motor or something get it put together and you can scoop it up
I'll find out if it will need an over bore. God I don't wanna go bigger than 75.5 if I have to. I have a freind who's the nephew of the owner of Smyth Automotive, I'm gonna give him a ring and see what he thinks. he works in the machine shop.......last time I checked.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Grrr. God I hope i can stay standard. but if need be. the 75.5 vitaras will be fine. I'm gonna get a look at the motor tomorrow. It's sitting in my buddies garage. He has a spare engin stand and I live in a second floor apt. Not fun hauling a head and then a block up and down steps and I aint buyin a f'n engine stand just yet.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shit..Grayland (my friend) works for a company that builds these baller ass yachts for rich folks over seas. he's built some pretty nice Type R heads and some fully built GSR's. I'll have him take a look when he gets back in town. Ha. he's got alift in his garage too.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts