Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the mini me conversion and want to know if putting a 60mm throttle body and replacing the 56mm that currently on there will have performance benefits or not really worth doing?

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
if you are gettin it for really cheap, cool, if not, its not gonna do shit. until you are boosted/ported head/cams.....the stock intake/throttle body is damn near the best you can have. id just go with a H22 tb...w/e size they are, I know they are cheap...see alot of people using them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
getting it for dirt cheap so you guys reckon its worth getting.Will it add any torque gains at all?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if you are gettin it for really cheap, cool, if not, its not gonna do shit. until you are boosted/ported head/cams.....the stock intake/throttle body is damn near the best you can have. id just go with a H22 tb...w/e size they are, I know they are cheap...see alot of people using them.
^^^ OMG post number 666 ^^^

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
whoa dude, thats way uncalled for with the post numer up top. fuck that. matta fact if somone can, delete that damn post for me, or change the number. ha i dont fuck with that, and dude, why the hell u goin rep me with a bunch of 6's wtf.. and it says 667 what u talking about???

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quicker throttle response, just make sure the itm has been ported to match the tb for best results...
Shit, "for best results"?! If you fit bigger TB into manifold that has smaller TB opening, you're hurting your performance VERY badly.

·
Registered
555 Posts
how many over sized throttle body threads are there gonna be with the same answer. no, bigger aint always better.

do this
open your mouth wide open and suck in air (60mm)
now
close your mouth and suck in air (56mm)

which one days it take less time to run out of breath?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
do this
open your mouth wide open and suck in air (60mm)
now
close your mouth and suck in air (56mm)

which one days it take less time to run out of breath?
Wait... doesn't this analogy favor the larger throttle body?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I intend to run a cam in the next month or so so just planning ahead.Which cams are best suited for street racing and everyday use?

Is the stage 3 meant for turbo only?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i ask about that picture that show IM inlet bigger than TB as anti reversion step, is that a good performance if like that setup?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I imagine that it would be better than a port matched throttle body. I'm not sure if the pressure waves would follow the indentations like air would.

Also, what manifold are you using that will support that 64mm diameter cross section? I don't think it has to be that pronounced.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the IM is stock z6's
thats why maybe if we want use bigger tb like 60 mm with stock IM , we should do that missmatch at IM inlet

what about that

1 - 20 of 75 Posts