Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if there is a bigger compressor housing I can swap onto my TB0357 Garrett turbo? I want it to spool a little later in my rpms if at all possible, but don't know if there is anything that can fit up to the saab turbo correctly. The turbo is a .42 a/r cold side. fyi

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is actually an older turbo so it is a Garrett/Airresearch turbo!

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does a .57trim compressor wheel and a .50 a/r housing sound?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I am going to use the .50 a/r compressor housing and blade off one of my t04e turbos and put it on my airresearch .42.48. IT would look something like this.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but where do you think the .50 a/r housing with .57trim wheel reach full boost? cuz I'm looking for around 3500rpm

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys I need some more information on this I have an opportunity for a couple compressor housings closing soon and need to know a good set up for the t3 compressor housing swap would it work to have a .50a/r housing with the stock compressor wheel on the turbo to boost even later in revs or would that harm my power band?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but then i would have to get it balanced right? i couldn't just put it on and be ok,right?

·
Registered
951 Posts
yes putting a new compressor blade on your shaft would need to be rebalanced, im not a geniouse with turbos but i dotn think you could keep the t3 wheel with the t4 housing , they mite be the same if there the same a/r or stage. You shoudl balance any turbo you take apart or replace moveing parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts