Discussion Starter #1
ok which would yall rather boost
d16a1 dohc zc or a d16a6 ? and why?
ur 2 cents welcome
Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
If it was in a 1st gen teg or crx my vote would be D16a1, anything civic wise 88+ the d16a1 has different mounts and won't directly bolt in so my vote would be a6 for that application. The a1 has the advantage of being able to tune out cam overlap with adj cam gears which is better for boost, and its cheap, but again unless its 88+ the a6 is your easiest fit both engines cost dirt in a bucket to buy and rebuild. Personally I'd go for the a6 since you already have an easily chippable ecu vs the integra ecu is quite different from what I remember reading on RPR and PGMFI. Also you can get skanked pretty badly if you accidently get a 86-87 d16a1 which uses vac advance for the distributor so its completely incompatible with a pm6 ecu you have to swap heads with a 88-89 d16a1 to the electronic advance. All signs point to D16a6 being the easiest most available option to you for boost assuming later civic chassis year. This is assuming you have and 88+ civic, if you are on an 84-87 or a 1g teg you are on the wrong forum redpepperracing and or gen1teg are better choices =)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 90 ef dx with mpfi swap
i have a chiped pm9 "thanks Kyle"
i will also be use'n vitara pistons
should i use a y8 head? if i stay a6?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would probably go with a z6head on the a6 block slightly less static CR better for boost, but I have no idea what i would be with the vitara setup that piston has a lot of dish to it. If the CR isn't insanely low ie less than 8:1 on the a6 head I would just use an entire a6 engine instead of swapping to obd1 and vtec since you are not gonna need the vtec with the turbo =D hell you don't even need the vtec with the N/A lol =D

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Vitara pistons in a DOHC ZC = a compression ratio lower than my si on ebay coilovers.

A6 ftw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts