Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First go around with one of these so I'll give it my best.

This may sound somewhat disgusting but trust me it tastes FANTASTIC!!!

Ingredients:

1 ish Lb of chicken
3/4 cup of Soy Sauce (I use Kikkoman)
1 cup of Mayonnaise (the real stuff, not the fake Mayo crap)

Time:
40 minutes

To start:

1) Mix the Soy Sauce and Mayonnaise together

Usually it takes some whisking to get it mixed properly and you want it to be a thick light brown mixture as seen below. Note; this is very difficult to do with only a fork, I recommend using an egg whisker.

2) Once mixed place the sauce aside and cut up the chicken into roughly 1x1x1 in cubes

3) Place the cut up chicken into the bowl of sauce.

4) Once it's all mixed up place the bowl into the fridge and let the chicken soak for 25 MINUTES

5) Once the mix has marinated throw ONLY THE CHICKEN in a pan on medium heat. I usually like to throw some olive oil in the pan to add flavor and keep the chicken from sticking. Cook the chicken until it's firm and white all the way through.

6) Finally, throw it all on a bed or rice and serve.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
i needs to do this! sounds like an odd mix but looks awesome!

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Added that to my poor college kid cookbook.
FWIW, it'd be a great/cheap meal to make for one of those at home movie nights. Earnin some brownie points if ya know what I mean...

·
Argumentative douche
1997 Civic
12 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Will try it soon. I think I'm going to toss in a little bit of minced garlic as well. This would be good on the grill, too.

So a quick shish-kabob derivative. Marinate the chicken like above, cut up cubes of green pepper, onions, pineapple, mushrooms (might want to throw these in while marinating the chicken to soften them up), etc. Grill'em up and enjoy. Also, I like wrapping bacon around the chicken. It's my family favorite.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting this. Will try it soon. I think I'm going to toss in a little bit of minced garlic as well. This would be good on the grill, too.

So a quick shish-kabob derivative. Marinate the chicken like above, cut up cubes of green pepper, onions, pineapple, mushrooms (might want to throw these in while marinating the chicken to soften them up), etc. Grill'em up and enjoy. Also, I like wrapping bacon around the chicken. It's my family favorite.
You keep posting like that and me and you are gonna get along GREAT!

·
Argumentative douche
1997 Civic
12 Posts
Ok, so I wisked up some marinade around 12 today and threw in some frozen chicken tenders and left it in the fridge for 5 hours. Fried it up, and also sautéd some veggies and 20 min later:

Wife said, I quote, "that's the best teriyaki I've had!" Much props to awebb's culinary skills!!

Only thing I added was one close of minced garlic. Also, if you're going to fry up veggies, do it in a clean pan. I wouldn't suggest tossing it in with the chicken. Last thing: I marinated the whole chicken tenders, then cut it up after frying it. I think it keeps it a little more moist and juicy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts