Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
LC-1 is pretty good LM-1 is better. but really i think you would be OK with a Uego.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I refuse to tune with AEM junk.

It IS slow. If you look at the cvs outputs, the delay between the wideband reacting to changes in AFR is hardly "real time."

I REALLY love using Inovative's serial input, when available. It is very fast. There are no offset issues and everything works perfectly. If you can do it that way, I highly recommend doing so.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I refuse to tune with AEM junk.

It IS slow. If you look at the cvs outputs, the delay between the wideband reacting to changes in AFR is hardly "real time."

I REALLY love using Inovative's serial input, when available. It is very fast. There are no offset issues and everything works perfectly. If you can do it that way, I highly recommend doing so.
^ Agreed. Inovative really did a good job getting a cheap reliable wb out there. I've been using them for years

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
See, I asked my tuner about the MTXL and how it was fastest and accurate and he keeps wanting me to get the NGK AFX.. Now they both have a narrowband simulation.. I just dont know why I have to spend another 100 bucks if they both do the same thing.

(will be permanently installed to control my fuel trims)

EDIT: Ive researched the two and they both do the same thing. NGK requires free air calib once every 2-3 weeks. MTX requires it every 3 months or so.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
the aem uego read richer than dynojet by up to .3
The dynojet wideband, much like dynojet dynos, are total shit. Even as slow as the AEM is, it is quite accurate, which is more than can be said for the majority of wideband controllers. The dynojet wideband is slow, inaccurate, and hard to use.

Prior to the MTX-L, I would recommend the AEM for anybody who just needed a wideband to monitor things, and the LC-1 to people who were tuning. Now the MTX-L can do both and is even faster than the LC-1.

This is an old article, but still very good, as many of the products are still on the market. You can basically think of the MTX-L as being equal to the LC-1 in this test:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engi...ootout-comparison-8-wideband-controllers.html

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts