Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to mount a fmic that is universal fit?

it is 28" x 3" x 6" from end toan to end tank. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
are there any performance differences between a FMIC and a SMIC?
yes a ton,

first of all, on is mounted on the side and one on the front.....that should be the first clue of perf. differences

secondly, the front mount is usually larger and gets much better airflow, and is much more efficent, and also, can support much higher hp builds.

there are advantages to both.

sorry, im not trying to be a jerk, but please dont thread jack, i need input on this topic ....please go post another thread about it. thanks

continue about mounting of the frontmount please

thanks

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i made some straps using metal straps. they were pretty thick, i bent them and drilled the hole. then used self tapping screws in the top of the bumper support.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
try to make sure its not mounted flush up against anything. it is bad for airflow (ie leave an inch of space behind the IC, maybe more if possible)

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts

On top of my intercooler are 2 threaded inserts, I drilled 3 small holes on the underneath side of my bumper support. From the backside I was able to thread in the bolts with washers to hold it on there. I am not supporting the intercooler from the bottom at all, it is 100% secure.

old side shot

When I first got it, reference for mounting points.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^^mine has the same mounting potins. that looks like a pretty straight forward way of mounting it.

thanks for the pics.......have some rep!! :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually, that shit is done ALL the time in japan. they're all about showing off absurdly huge-ass FMICs

whatever you do, do NOT paint an IC.... if you want it black, pay the $$ to have it anodized.
i was going to paint mine black with a THIN layer of radiator paint.......

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
i was going to paint mine black with a THIN layer of radiator paint.......
that is alright that you do so. Mine i painted with no issues. Thin layer of radiator paint on the front only will not have a negative effect on your intercooler.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.