Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an eg civic with a d13 engine, wats the best way to get gains out of the engine, i no there wont be a great lot to get as im saving money at the moment to go d series turbo hopefully next year. but is there anything i can do??? all info appreciated

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
d 13? thats a itty bitty guy

i would swap it, even another d would be an upgrade

depending on where you live and what year it is there is prob a drop in without too much hassle that will be a much better starting platform

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
droppin in another d or sourcing another d isnt a problem its my funds thats the problem at the moment was just curious is there anyway to get more out of my engine

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
the cheapest way to get better acceleration and the cheapest is weight reduction. make sure to keep it tuned up and unless you wana spend money i say a ebay header and a custom cold air intake. but your going turbo later on the header is a waste lol :td:

sorry thought you said d15. im not sure if they make a header for the d13.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
^x2 1.3 liters of bwaaaaa......ditch that thing....especially if you wanna go boosted...drop a bigger badder d in it and save for your turbo build...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will be goin 1.6 sohc vtec eventually then boost it, i just want to see what i can get out of my little 1.3 without changing the engine at the moment

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i know its hard to do, but save your money

you will thank yourself later

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
IF your trying to SAVE money....dont spend a dime on the 1.3 and Gutt the bitch, pull the sound deadening, the tar, A/C...p/s...spare tyre...all of it...and just save for a bigger setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i will are ther many power gains to be got out of a 1.6 sohc vtec without boosting

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
if your tryin to save for a d16, dont buy anything for the d13. but if you want to; intake header exhaust SHOULD net a little more power/make it sound "cool"...

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
shit yeah...check out the N/A forum....

vtec E yo! lol

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
this a great site with tons of info, search around in the N/A forums like what was said. check out the general tech and noob forums as well and research what you need until you got the money saved up. enjoy your stay :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts