Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to the Honda game and I'm working on my boosted ZC right now
I plan on doing the mini swap and putting in a Vtec head.
I'm already running a p28 so that's not a problem, before I put in the head
I'm going to give it all the bells and whistles, no cost spared the only problem is,
I don't know what head would be best to start off with for my situation, any fact based input would be great!

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,046 Posts
z6 head is your leaving the casting stock, y8 head if you want to get it ported. the y8 head has smaller combustion chambers and has quench pads when the z6 doesnt but stock for stock looking at the castings you can see the z6 is better quality and looks to have a better flow patteren, with the divider closer to the port opening. really either one is fine. its juts prefrence. there is lots of compairsons online if you search- d16z6 head vs d16y8 head.

wait a minute, is your motor a twin cam zc? if so sorry no vtec heads for you. if its a sohc then it can be done

·
Registered
838 Posts
if its a dohc zc he cant swap the head. since he is asking ill bet its the sohc non vtec zc
Who said I said the head sir? :ssst::boink:

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,046 Posts
Who said I said the head sir? :ssst::boink:
the op was talking about swaping heads not motors. so this hole convo was about head swapping so i guess, i just figured you were talking about what every one else was. i guess i shouldnt assume and maybe you could clerify what your getting at if your changing the subject in a convo

also he doest have a dohc zc so he cant swap it out even if he wants to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.