Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept this in dohc zc thread, because I am looking for doc specific info. .. I know this has been done 1000 times! So, what is the best manifold for the money?

(P.s. thsee dumb posts can stop now, I have finally hit 65 posts!)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
there is no best manifold for money type of result.

Find out what you want. Do you want top end flow to the turbo? do you prefer faster spool with less topend overall?

Do you want a balance of the two?

Do you want it so strong it wont crack 2 years from now?

A good solid and efficient turbo manifold is gonna run you 600-1500 bucks depending on who does it and how beefy they make it.

I would say find a performance shop in your area that has a fabricator present, and talk to them. Get some price ranges, ask what amterials they will use, ask them if you can source the flange or if they will make their own, etcc.

Information gathering needs to be over 9000!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
if you had a sohc, Id pm you about a cast manifold I have that Ill let go for the same price I paid.....but you don't so good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you had a sohc, Id pm you about a cast manifold I have that Ill let go for the same price I paid.....but you don't so good luck
lol thanks! I just want something sturdy, but somewhat inexpensive, for a little 14b sized turbo. I'm looking for reliability, really. I'm thinking a cast log... unless that's a big no no lol

·
4,045 Posts
internally gated? sure. external, make sure the port is mostly centered.

·
4,045 Posts
yeah....hence me saying "if you had a single cam"

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
The exhaust ports are shifted ever so slightly, the bolt pattern is the same.

And in all reality, the majority of all aftermarket exhaus manifolds have a larger diameter versus stock applications, so , very little , if any material will need to be removed.

*edit, now if we were talking about intake manifolds, this would be a very different conversation.

·
4,045 Posts
well, if that's the case for an exhaust manifold.....refer to post 4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts