Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15g. It sucks. I curious what you all think between a gt2560r and a gt2860r?? Or is there better one i am missing? I want 300 whp for now. Maybe 350 or 400 at the end of my ordeal. So let me know what you guys think. I know a 100 hp window is big tho.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If you want over 300 go with the 2860rs

You can hit 300 with the 2560 but you wont be able to make much more than that.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty sir.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
i just switched from an ebay turbo to a garrett and its a night and day difference...you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i just switched from an ebay turbo to a garrett and its a night and day difference...you get what you pay for.
what do you mean? same trim and everything? if its a differant trim ofcourse it will be a difference. just curious... whats the difference in performance between the 2? im still runnign my ebay 57 trim and have had no issues.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
what do you mean? same trim and everything? if its a differant trim ofcourse it will be a difference. just curious... whats the difference in performance between the 2? im still runnign my ebay 57 trim and have had no issues.
the fact is the wheels are usually never the same trim as their genuine counterparts.

just look at the "57" trim they sell on ebay... its actually a 44 trim...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Wheels can vary quite a bit even with the same trim.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have this one. It's surging as I hit boost if I'm trying to make more than 18ish psi. Search my threads. I recommend the .86ar turbine housing if you're getting that turbo.
Power surging or compressor surge?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The GT2560 uses virtually the same compressor as the T3 60 trim and they perform to about the same level. The GT2860 uses either the T3 Super 60 trim or a rare 55trim. Neither which will get you to 400whp and would be lucky to see 350whp with either of them. I would suggest something different then this line if you are serious about 350whp+. Maybe a GT2876 if you want ball bearings.

You can get a decent little T3T4 which a well known performers that will get you to this level. You will be pushing pretty hard to get this level of performance though. The good thing about the T3T4 is they are cheap. Going for 400whp is going to be a serious feet though compared to aiming for 300whp. If you would be interested in 300whp then any of the turbos you listed would work but you can get a journal bearing turbo to work and save yourself a bunch of money.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the good info. Altho it seems all the turbos ive been looking at are not positioned in the correct arrangement for my setup. Is it possible to unbolt and rotate the housing without causing any damage??

·
Registered
334 Posts
yes, that is called clocking the turbo.. THere might be some alignment pin to remove.
this^

also if your turbo is internally waist gated you might only be able to clock your turbo so much before having to either make a custom bracket for the waist gate or switch to an external waist gate which will require modification to the turbo its self

1 - 16 of 16 Posts