Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a greddy turbo kit from a friend and its needs a new turbo.. What is the best and reasonable turbo to get without having to change my exhaust manifold.. The turbo i think is a t25...if thats the stock turbo that comes on the greddy kit... Thanx

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
is the downpipe made for a 5bolt flange? cause u could get a T3 or a T3/T4 hybrid with the 5 bolt and that be a nice upgrade from the t25... also a T3 would hold the power to redline where as the t25 i think would struggle a bit

·
Registered
649 Posts
the turbo that comes with the greddy kit is the 15g in the 92-95 kit and the 19t in the 96-99 kit for the d-series...The flange the manifold has is the same as the nissan turbo's or you can get a gt2871r but its kind of pricey.. a mitusibishi flanged turbo's will not work with your manifold

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 4 bolt flange on the manifold...so what is the best turbo price wise and easy to find....and what is the best performance wise...ide rather not change the downpipe unless you know of where i can find 1 for a cheap price that will still be good.

·
Registered
479 Posts
do you know what kit you have? (92-95 or 96-00) Im not to sure on the 96-00 kits but on the 92-95 kits but if you change the turbo you'll need to fab up a new downpipe no matter what. The TD04-h 15G Greddy turbos are pretty stout turbos but it you want something that will make some good numbers, the Nissian T28 turbo will bolt up to your greddy manifold but not the downpipe. You can get used T28 for a good price. But if you dont want to mess with the making a new downpipe Just get another TD04-h 15g greddy turbo.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
hondalover22 said:
do you know what kit you have? (92-95 or 96-00) Im not to sure on the 96-00 kits but on the 92-95 kits but if you change the turbo you'll need to fab up a new downpipe no matter what. The TD04-h 15G Greddy turbos are pretty stout turbos but it you want something that will make some good numbers, the Nissian T28 turbo will bolt up to your greddy manifold but not the downpipe. You can get used T28 for a good price. But if you dont want to mess with the making a new downpipe Just get another TD04-h 15g greddy turbo.
agreed..... but where do u get a replacement greddy?? I cant only imagine how much they want for a new turbo...

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Another old one, but a T25 turbo will bolt to a 15G manifold. The Greddy exhaust housing and T25 housing will also interchange. A pic of my old 15G with the ported T25 housing...

works (ed) fine and the DP flanges were also the same.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Here, off the car when I replaced it with the new snail...

Honestly, I think I am the first to put this combo together...never saw it before and had plenty of PM's on HT after I posted it (with this particular housing).

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
^^^^very nice, rep 4 you. I've been wondering what I could replace my Greddy snail with when it came time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts