Honda D Series Forum banner

Best Turbo for a B16A

20K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  NeonPinHead 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with different turbos on a B16A. I'm looking for the ideal turbo to run on the motor.

#8 ·
best turbo for a b16 is.... nada. :lol:

seriously, it depends on the whp goal. a super 60 t3 will do the job right for most b16s, imo. its quick spool make up for the lack of tq the b16 has NA. but it falls off on the top end so as to allow for a flat curve vs the normal peaky b16 engine.

#9 ·
gt3076r
tial 44mm wastgate and 50 mm blowoff
lovefab manifold
spearco intercooler
3inch dp and thermal exhaust
hondata s300
650cc rc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump

that setup should be good for about 350... more then enough for any stock b16

#20 ·
#18 ·
i am running a t3/t4 turbo n maybe gonna purches somes kids t3 or w/e it is that he says is new ill let u know if it goes boom !!! at 15 psi

#19 · (Edited)
there is no one best turbo for that motor, its all up to what power goals you have and the supporting mods you plan on adding. from the sounds of it you dont plan on building it so i would stay with something in the 14b/15g/16g/18g family. or in case you dont plan on using a dsm type turbo something in the 400 to 600 cfm range. after all the big 16 g can max out those 450 injectors.

#22 ·
yes that turbo is a bit over kill for a non built b16, but hey you already have it so it wont hurt to try it and just keep the boost low.

#24 ·
I am a big believer in the Garrett GT series turbos, I think the GT28RS would be a good candidate. If you have a minute check out the dyno library at Evans-Tuning.com There is something like 200+ dynos of B series motors, I am sure there is plenty for you to sort through in your search for B16 setups. May I ask why you are limiting yourself to 6psi?

#25 ·
like MyHonda1 is doing, small quick spooling turbo to make up or the lack of down low torques and than get a nice set of cams for a wicked crossover so you get the top end pull

#30 ·
well to resurrect a dead thread...

The setup thus far...

turbonetics t3/t04b / F1-54 .48 A/R (rebuilt)
blox cast iron manifold
TiAL 38mm wastegate
HKS BOV
28" intercooler
go-autoworks charge piping
2.5" downpipe
2.75 skunk2 megapower R exhaust
DSM 390cc injectors
walbro 255lph pump
chipped and tuned on crome pro by church automotive

it's almost complete.

#37 ·
Are you telling me I'm not welcome here because of posting a thread about a B-series?:sadface: You dirty little thread nazi. I think if those who moderate this forum shared your thoughts and justified your reply, they would say something to me. So then it's a good thing you're not or ever will be in charge of anything. Thanks for the bump you hateful punk. Try contributing positively from now on and appease those who've been here a bit longer than yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.