Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new turbo. Right now I'm rocking a Ebay special 57 trim.
Now that Tax time is here I want to get something nicer. At the moment I'm Putting down 243hp and 200ft lbs at 13 psi (maxed my injectors but going bigger now). 5psi at 3k andFull boost is about 4500rpm's. Really looking for something that will take me to 300-325 but will have a quick spool also.
For reference I'm running a built Dohc zc bored to 75.5mm, lx trans (looking to get a ex/si also) and 14" HX wheels.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
723 Posts
325whp is about max ive used it on a gsr it spooled fast and held power up untill 7,700-8k

·
Registered
852 Posts
stay with a small trim name brand and you should be ok the t3 super 60 garrett is at full boost at 3k on a d but is max out at 300hp kinda
That's surprising. I saw 8psi at around 4.5k rpm with a Garrett T3 60 trim .60ar compressor .63ar exhaust housings. 2.5" downpipe, ebay manifold

·
Registered
723 Posts
the gt28 is a t25/t28 flange i am assuming the op is using a t3/t4 flange, but he could get an adapter if he would like to run that turbo and add water lines .

and the garrett "super 60" has a 48ar exhaust housing and i would assume the compressor side is smaller as well.a lot different and smaller than the 60trim..

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
16g or 18g for the cheaps.....disco potato (gt2860rs) if you wanna go baller

·
Registered
579 Posts
when would it start spooling and when would it hit 22psi? seems like a fun turbo lol.
shit man, i haven't driven my car in months. I want to say spool at around 3000-3500 full spool soon after lol.

for argument's sake I pull on V8's from a dig..any boosted honda owner will tell you this isn't exactly easy.

·
Registered
371 Posts
got a dyno chart on this? im curious to see what the powerbands look like with this turbo

i slingshot out of the hole, and pull hard in every gear all the way to redline which is 8400rpm.

making 374whp on 22psi.

i should note that i'm fully built and have a bisi 2.4

1 - 20 of 42 Posts