Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
you'll need :

12oz Glass or cup
1 whole lime
1tbsp sugar
2oz White Rum (Bacardi or Cruzan)
Sprig of mint
Sprite

Place the sugar and mint in glass and muddle (use muddler or handle of steak knife) and grind up mint and sugar. The stem holds more mint flavor then the leaves. The more mint you use, the mintier the taste. You want the sugar to grind the leaves/stem.

Squeeze enough lime juice to cover the mint/sugar combo. Dont put the rind in the glass.

Add rum,and stir, then ice, then top off with sprite.

Use a spoon in a twisting motion to mix everything and enjoy.

Bartenders are lazy and just throw a mint leaf into a rum&sprite which tastes like a rum and sprite.
(I use Sprite in place of club soda and simple syrup)

Should look like this v v v

EDIT: Ive been a bartender in South Beach for quite a few years and my focus is making the drinks taste best, not just pouring whatever in a glass and serving.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trust me, these are so good that youll be fine one minute, then drunk the next!
they creep up on you, so resist the urge to knock em back!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
my girl loves these...

admittedly i do as well. more pronounced mint would be awesome as im not a huge fan of rum. i like using sprite in place of the club soda and simple syrup.

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
I'm sorry, but mojitos make me want to hurl.

Give me a nice single malt scotch any day...or perhaps a margarita.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
I may have to give this a shot since i have a giant bush of mint in my garden.
I actually ended up trimming my mint bush down and throwing a party. We just used club soda. I ahd totally forgotten about this thread and trying some sprite., but the mint is getting overgrown again and ive still got 3 leftover bottles of rum!

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mint grows fast.. one little sprig costs 2.50 in the grocery store, but i can get a lb for 7.00 thru a distributor..but if you have a garden, it grows stupid fast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
try to get the mint with the red stem...has a different taste...really nice...if you don't like it so sweet, use sparkling water...not as much of a headache after you drink 8 or 9. I was in Cuba a while ago and if you can get some Havana Club white you will be amazed at the difference in taste.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts