Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 EF and I came to the conclusion before I swap my car with a HIGH hp/Tq motor That I want to do my suspension up right so I can get all the power to the ground, and at the same time Retain a comfortable ride and smooth turns.

I've heard good things about Megan Racing coilover setups. I am going to get the 3 point front strut brace and the 4 point rear strut brace from password JDM.

What do you suspension gurus recommend ?

This WILL be a daily driver by the way.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I would get omni. great on track/street, but their not cheap. Or you could get the megans, tein, or if you dont care about performance and cost ebay. What motor plans and motor type you plan on running.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would get omni. great on track/street, but their not cheap. Or you could get the megans, tein, or if you dont care about performance and cost ebay. What motor plans and motor type you plan on running.
Suspension is not something I would like to half ass. I feel that suspension is the most vital part of your car.

I'm going to go be building a hefty swap. I'm going to be boosting a b20/vtec....aiming for around 500+whp.

But in the mean time, I'm rocking a DOHC ZC swap.

This car will be my daily driver...untill my swap is fully built and put in, and by that time I will have a beater car.

·
cool title
1,698 Posts
i love my tanabe coil overs. they handle well, but are still soft enough to not be unpleasant. and at $675 for a true coil over, they can't be beat IMO.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm riding on Skunk2 Pro Series full coilovers. Very stiff, but that is what I wanted. You feel every bump, but you stay planted.

I love them with my Falken Azenis.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
if you're aiming that high for hp levels there's a lot you'll need to do to it just to attempt to get traction with it. With that swap you'll prob want to look at a little higher spring rate than normal to support the added weight of the bigger motor. I like my eibach sportlines and tokico illumina set up with nuespeed front and rear strut bars, fac honda sway bars and meagn c-pillar brace. The ride is nice and smooth.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan on getting Traction bars, torque dampners and the works. I will be running low boost on street tires and high boost on slicks. I don't care about feeling every bump. I'm just worried about staying planted and not hoping over every bump on the interstate with cheap ass ebay coilovers.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey, I see you are from Virginia Beach. I'm actually located there as well. Pm me if you would like, I'll let you take a ride with me so you can feel the full Skunk2 Pro Series.

Let me know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love Omni Power's coil overs the keep you planted with out being harsh. I have a buddy with a similar swap as you are planning he is running tein sytem coilover forget which model exactly but he loves them

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i used to rock ground controls on tokico illuminas on my old 99 coupe.. it was my daily and the ride was pretty n ice.. handled very well also

·
Registered
449 Posts
i used to rock ground controls on tokico illuminas on my old 99 coupe.. it was my daily and the ride was pretty n ice.. handled very well also
Thanks Jimmy, ive always wondered if illuminas and gc's would work well together.

As for this post, I love my tokico illumina spring/strut kit. Affordable, ride and adjustable for the autox or whatever. However if I would do it again id prob go with omni coilover kit just for autox only. But she is my DD and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I need something that can take a beating. The roads aren't tooooooooo great around va beach, on the interstate it has its moments with big ass speed bumps? in the middle of the interstate haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts