Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is going to be valid but I will ask. What is the best suspension (Interchange Wise) Between say Accord,Civic,Prelude,Integra etc according to years 92 to say 95. What would fit under my car (Even with some modification?.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You want to take off your stock suspension...and put on the stock suspension from another car...and you are hoping for an "upgrade"?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Other than maybe mixing and matching some OEM swaybars to limited effect there's not much use to interchanging anything else.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think some Integra parts are interchangeable with the Civic, strut tower brace, maybe sway bars, control arms, rear swing arms, LCA's if you want to add camber...if you really want to upgrade stuff though, OE isn't where it's at, that is what the aftermarket (you know, quality stuff from the aftermarket) is for, bushings, shocks, springs, you know, stuff that is going to make a noticeable difference...

That and Type R lol...ITR/CTR stuff is pretty sweet

·
Registered
230 Posts
What do you want stock suspension for besides comfort? If you're looking for the "best" then OEM might not be the best, but the best OEM I know of for 92-95 civics are from the ITR/CTR or maybe Si/SiR? Here's some info I got off the suspension faq from honda-tech. Apparently EX and Si suspension is SLIGHTLY stiffer however for 96-00 though as I might not be sure if they will fit 92-95.

96-00 EX factory 165F/80R (P/P)
99-00 Si (EM1) factory 201F/99.8R (P/P)
CTR factory 240/240 (L/P)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you want stock suspension for besides comfort? If you're looking for the "best" then OEM might not be the best, but the best OEM I know of for 92-95 civics are from the ITR/CTR or maybe Si/SiR? Here's some info I got off the suspension faq from honda-tech. Apparently EX and Si suspension is SLIGHTLY stiffer however for 96-00 though as I might not be sure if they will fit 92-95.

96-00 EX factory 165F/80R (P/P)
99-00 Si (EM1) factory 201F/99.8R (P/P)
CTR factory 240/240 (L/P)
Pretty much that is it comfort. I was just looking for the best suspension swap.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno Just Curious. Since I have been on here. I have been gathering info about Hondas and there not so limited parts interchange list. I am loving it really its pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Iggy finger is getting itchy!!!
Sure has a lot of threads asking little questions. Could have wrapped up like five threads into one. That makes the OG's itchy OP, FYI.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Best stock suspension is . . . stock?

I'd rather see you actually go through the suspension and replace all the bushings and joints, as that will do more for handling and ride than anything else, as long as you don't get retarded with poly bushings.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Best stock suspension is . . . stock?

I'd rather see you actually go through the suspension and replace all the bushings and joints, as that will do more for handling and ride than anything else, as long as you don't get retarded with poly bushings.
This is absolutely true, especially when the RTA bushings tear, make the cars drive horrible. The Hardrace rubber sets are great.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Iggy finger is getting itchy!!!
yeah, OP asks really fucking stupid questions :willy_nilly:
Sure has a lot of threads asking little questions. Could have wrapped up like five threads into one. That makes the OG's itchy OP, FYI.
Post whoring to get into classifieds maybe? I don't commit everything I read to memory, but I am beginning to make an association with that wrx avi pic and borderline trolling threads...I also don't want to be that guy that goes around flaming everybody I don't agree with like some sort of keyboard Clint Eastwood lol, so I tend to generally stay quiet about it.

But since we're already going there, what the hell? "Suspension swap"? Really?

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you can still find the integra type r get them, including the REAR LCA. Best bang for the buck. I have the rear springs on koni's in the rear and the stock front setup, all on my 00 civic sedan and I love them, height wise it looks the same as stock but the stiffness is there. All I need now are the type r swaybars and a proper strut bar.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you can still find the integra type r get them, including the REAR LCA. Best bang for the buck. I have the rear springs on koni's in the rear and the stock front setup, all on my 00 civic sedan and I love them, height wise it looks the same as stock but the stiffness is there. All I need now are the type r swaybars and a proper strut bar.
Probabley Could have found that in the search bar. Which I will admit I need to use more. So I can quit pissing of the local Gurus. However with that I appreciate the heads up. Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
every bushing of mine has been replace by hardrace, except rta was done with Honda Gen, and front uca done with poly (bc i had them lying around).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts