Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready to buy a bov and cant decide, so im just curious what you guys think is the best bov (sound wise) if you can post video or sound clips that would be great thanks

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
ricers care about sound...

racers care about functionality....

which are you....?

personally i like the REAL hks and tial bov's

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
well, i like the sound of dsm bov's. i am going to be running a bov from an evo 8 so it should be pretty functional up till around 18-20psi of boost, and it has the great dsm sound........

·
Registered
183 Posts
DSM BOV's are loud. But when you're running excessive boost they arn't efficient. I'm piecing together a turbo kit right now and I went ahead and picked up a HKS SSQV. When I get it all together in 2-3 months I'll post up some video/sound clips.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
im a greddy type s fan but dosent really matter to me that much

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I like my apex twin chamber

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
DSM BOV's are loud. But when you're running excessive boost they arn't efficient. I'm piecing together a turbo kit right now and I went ahead and picked up a HKS SSQV. When I get it all together in 2-3 months I'll post up some video/sound clips.
i hope the bov from the evo 8 proves to be more efficent at higher boost levels. My buddy with an srt-4 runs a dsm 1g with about 28 lbs of boost....................no problems yet, just a really long blow off.

i hope mine responds better/faster with high boost than his does.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts