Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O people. I got a 93 civic LSI european. Wich comes with a D15B2 obd-0. I´m in Brazil and here the laws about swaping motors is very strick. So I got 2 options. One is to rebuild my motor with some p29s or some pm7s, port and polish te head and shit like that. The other is to get a D16Z6 swap for the same amount of money, and swap the wiring ecu and head into my D15 block. I know the hp rading for th B2 is like 92hp and the z6 is 132hp or somthing like that. What do you guys sugest is the best route? Go D15Z6 or a built D15b2. :confused:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Z6 + boost.

·
11,892 Posts
You mean a Z6 head on a my D15 block? I cant just go D16 cuz of the block numbers. like i just explained above.
Oh, sorry I missed that. I mean it' really up to you. I would just do an A6 cam swap, mpfi swap, and boost it. IMO VTEC is pointless in a single cam but that's just my opinion. Do some research and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Well if you're going n/a, shave .040'' on the d15b2 head with an a6 camshaft +y7 cam gear. Or search and follow bone or ngata_speed's builds. If you plan on going boost and want to keep and build the d15b2, then swap in a jdm d15b vtec crank + d16z6 eagle rods and vitara pistons. Rest of the turbo stuff is to do a search and read the stickies....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if you're going n/a, shave .040'' on the d15b2 head with an a6 camshaft +y7 cam gear. Or search and follow bone or ngata_speed's builds. If you plan on going boost and want to keep and build the d15b2, then swap in a jdm d15b vtec crank + d16z6 eagle rods and vitara pistons. Rest of the turbo stuff is to do a search and read the stickies....
Does the d15b crank fit my d15b2 block? I thought that i was the same diameter as the D16. Just different stroke. I know the d16 doesn´t fit.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
If I recall correctly the diameter size for the mains on both are the same, while the d15b vtec crank uses d16z6 rod bearings. Another member will probably chime in later and will be able to help ya with the specs as I don't recall what they are. ***CoughboneCough****

·
11,892 Posts
If I recall correctly the diameter size for the mains on both are the same, while the d15b vtec crank uses d16z6 rod bearings.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing but wasn't 100% sure so I deleted my post.

From what I *think* is true: JDM D15 crank = D16 rods, D15 mains.

·
11,892 Posts
any one got the specs for al three motor? D15b2 d16z6 and d15b?
In a sticky in this forum all you have to do is look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts