Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the front side rails of my car currently sit at 19cm and the rear sits at 22cm

my question is whats the best ratio for road racing ( handling) and what would be the best ratio for drag racing? (strait line/launch)
Wood Composite material Gas Metal Window
Wood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Gas

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,967 Posts
5" from jack point on the frame rail to the ground. to the left in your pic. Drag racing it won't matter until you get spendy with the front suspension from Kingpin Machine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For autocross, these cars like to be level or be very slightly higher in the rear (like 1/8”). Cars in my class run fairly low at about 4” from the jack points, and they tend to have trouble with front grip if the rear is any lower than the front. Too much rake, and they’re unstable at higher speeds. Of course, it also depends on suspension mods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For autocross, these cars like to be level or be very slightly higher in the rear (like 1/8”). Cars in my class run fairly low at about 4” from the jack points, and they tend to have trouble with front grip if the rear is any lower than the front. Too much rake, and they’re unstable at higher speeds. Of course, it also depends on suspension mods.
is having my rear end 3cm taller than the front hurting me in the corners ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This depends a lot on other suspension settings, spring rates, caster, and even how much power you put to the ground.
24 inch gsr front sway bar in the front , no sway bar in the back, 12k spring rate front , 8k back , stock caster no traction bars, 216whp/159tq, car weights 1780lb, front 3 point strut bar, rear strut bar
225/50/15 front and back for road racing and 225/50/15 front and 22.5/4.5-15 rear for drag racing ( the ratio front to rear changes to 19mm front 20.1mm back )

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,340 Posts
Have you brought this beast to the roadcourse yet? Gotten a chance to actually see how it feels?

Or are these questions in lead up to such an event?

is having my rear end 3cm taller than the front hurting me in the corners ?
Not for drag racing, but road course racing it does depend.

If the car really weighs 1750lbs, those spring rates are pretty high for such a low weight, could get hoppy. Do you run any downforce generators? Rear wing? Front splitter and air dam?

If no, you might want to even out the ride height for road course.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,385 Posts
Those spring rates are going to want to be pretty close to dead level front to rear with the power you have on tap, might want to try one session with the sway bar disconnected as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those spring rates are going to want to be pretty close to dead level front to rear with the power you have on tap, might want to try one session with the sway bar disconnected as well.
the car is terrible with no sway bar, drove it for years with no sway bar and its like a pogo stick in the corners

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,385 Posts
Was just a thought, many civics/integras around your weight do better without sway bars with even lighter springs than you are running.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,967 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts