Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i was thinking, when you use a boost controller , in my case the AEM tru boost, is it better to run the source line from the solenoid to a nipple on the intake or to a nipple right on the turbos outlet? i would think that if you did not use a boost controller it would be best to run to the intake so its actually measuring the boost at the intake not before all the pipes and intercooler. but i wasnt sure how that would pertain to a boost controller.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just speaking in general i was wondering out loud if any one has tried it at different sources and noticed if it helps at all with keeping a steady or smoother boost level ect ect.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i dunno if this would help but i know that if you're running a wastegate you would wanna run a line on the intake before the tb correct? the case being that the boost spikes would be huge when you got off the throttle and the wastegate will respond weirdly when you are at part throttle and cruising. The wastegate should be watching the output of the compressor with nothing interfereing with it. Picture what would happen to the turbo rpm if you had the wastegate line at the TB and the connection at the intercooler popped off. The wastegate would not open and the turbo would spool as fast as it could.

wouldn't it be the same for a boost controller or no?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I dont see how people say it changes, I tested both ways, same results both ways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts