Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best place to buy the bisi 3,6 cam? is it going to be the same price if i order it through bisimoto as if i ordered it from one of the retailers for him? if its cheaper elsewhere, where is the cheapest to get it?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
When was did the general consensus become ALL of Bisi products suck?

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Im quite willing to pay $400-450 for 80whp.....

hence why im looking for one
like for real holmes call up web cams and see what they can do for you. They grind all his cams. Bisi's customer service sucks so if you call web cams youll be coming out alittle cheaper and less of a headache

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like for real holmes call up web cams and see what they can do for you. They grind all his cams. Bisi's customer service sucks so if you call web cams youll be coming out alittle cheaper and less of a headache
Thanks for the help man, ill give them a call tomorrow.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
When was did the general consensus become ALL of Bisi products suck?
Case in point #1:
The headers fail in two ways: cracking and power output.

Case in point #2:
Cam cracking issues. Not specific to Bisimoto, but anyone offering VTEC cams from cores made in China that are very substandard. Cracking or wear is almost a certainty, especially with "upgraded" valve springs, much higher rev limits, and less anti-wear additives in most off the shelf engine oils.

Case in point #3:
The cam gears are mis-marked from the manufacturer. If you can't )(#$*($# set the timing correctly because the marks are off, you can have some really serious issues. To my knowledge, this has not been neither addressed nor corrected.

Case in point #4:
Extremely hideous customer service, especially if they screw up and don't want to admit it.

Case in point #5:
The refuse to give )(#$(*$# cam cards out with their darn cams. They've ALREADY been copied. Claiming intellectual property concerns as a reason for not allowing proper installation of a cam is complete, utter, pure puerile BS. It also shows a lack of maturity on the part of the company, since they can't face reality. If you asked a V8 engine builder if they would order a cam without a cam card, and no chance of actually getting one, they would likely laugh in your face, unless you were a paying customer in which case they would just map the darn cam themselves because it isn't ()#($* hard to do. It's just super annoying to not have a proper, standard thing given with a purchase of what I consider the most important part of the engine.

This has been happening for a few years now, it's just that the nutswingers (on this forum) have finally had to concede given the preponderance of evidence that Bisimoto as a brand is very hit or miss with their products and service. I personally have had an order screwed up so badly, I will never order anything from them ever again. I am fixing a Bisimoto header right now, attempting to prevent it from falling apart again, and when I opened it up, I was appalled at the lack of care in the fitment, welding, and finish of the header.

Not everything they sell sucks. Not every order gets screwed up. *shrugs*

sucks no, over priced then yes
I don't think most of their products are overpriced. I have, actually, thought many were under priced (leading to quality issues).

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I am fixing a Bisimoto header right now, attempting to prevent it from falling apart again, and when I opened it up, I was appalled at the lack of care in the fitment, welding, and finish of the header.
Well, I'm with you on the header. I was disappointed when I received mine as far as fitment goes. I wasn't happy that you have to weld the downpipe and fab a flange on your own. Not to mention no bracing provisions. I'm not a welder and so this is gonna be a pain for me.

I wasn't aware of any power complaints though.

·
Registered
EK Sedan
347 Posts
Case in point #4:
Extremely hideous customer service, especially if they screw up and don't want to admit it.
Like when they run specials on forums, then when you place your order and its on back order so far for a month? Here is the email response i get, this isnt the first one!

Greeting's Mike,

Thank you for the email correspondence. The manufacture just informed us that the Coil On Plug Conversion Kit 30-2860 continues to be on National Back Order with an ETA of Mid-February. We are looking at one more week to a week in a half before its arrival. I have authorized the Shipping Department to include some Bisimoto Goodies in your order for the inconvenience. Please stay tune for a future email with tracking information once order has shipped.

We look forward to assisting you with your performance goals.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Janet Ruvalcaba

Let me guess, the Bisimoto goodies include a T-shirt, Stickers, or license plate frames... just what i want to do is advertise your company after you keep giving me the run around on a 800 dollar Coil on Plug unit you cant ship after i paid for it a month ago... ?!? right.

STOP RUNNING SPECIALS ON ITEMS YOU DON'T HAVE!!!!!!​

To the OP, not so long ago i was also looking at the bisi cam selection, after my experience with my cop kit so far i will not be doing business with them again. I have been looking at Colt possibly for my camshaft needs, i like what i see from them.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
I have never dealt first hand with Bisi, but I held him in high regard based purely on reputation, that was until about 2 years ago when a member here tried to get a cam card.

That member was abused and I believe racially vilified and basically called a thief for simply asking for a cam card.

I supported the request for the card stating reasons it was needed and why the reasons for not supplying it where pure bullshit. I then suffered a barrage of abuse from his staff in an attempt to divert from the basic problem, then a bullshit attempt to smooth it over but actually do or change nothing by Bisi himself. ie another attempt to divert from the original problem.

The way he carries on about his R&D and everyone stealing his work, you would think he invented the concept of having a shaft with a lump off one side to operate a valve. Whoop de do. Just about any serious race team, buys or specifies a few different grinds and does some dyno pulls, changes a few things and does a few more pulls.

If they want to win races, they keep that info to themselves AND DO NOT SELL CAMS USING THAT DATA. If they sell cams from that data, they publish basic info about the profile.

In the V8 world, and anything ground by local grinders here for just about any engine, you can get all the cam data you want.

There was a strong implication that because a cam was going to India, that a cam card should not be included

In my opinion his attitude, his business management and business ethics make him an unsuitable business partner and I won't deal with him.

If I had access to one of his cams, I would plot it out and publish the data.

To make intelligent decisions about which cam will best suit your set up, you need data he will not provide, He just says trust me. I am the great Bisimoto. I know best, don't ask how or why, just buy whatever I say you should or cleverly veiled words to that effect. To my mind, this is just plain outright unacceptable.

If your looking for value for money with reasonable performance gains, buy a Delta.

If your looking for top performance buy a Colt.

If your looking to buy a Bisi without the bullshit, buy a Webb.

The best current way to make a serious Honda SOHC race cam is to use a OEM Honda core and build it up with hard face overlay like Stellite, then grind from that.

If you build up a core with hard face overlay to get good lift with a big enough base circle so that you lobes and followers will live, you will need to modify the head to fit the lobe and you will need to modify the rocker mountings to fix the geometry. The need to modify the head to fit a cam is why many grinders will not make that type of cam as customers who get in over their heads then blame the supplier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.