Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my egt sensor, where is the better place to put this on my setup.
I got an apexi manifold,

Also need to know best place to put the bung for the wide band 02 sensor

·
Banned
598 Posts
i've read 28-36" for the wideband...i think it depends mostly on the egt's...lol
egt should be close to the head...and reading as many ports as possible...
i will always be a supporter of a cht as well...but have yet to even see one in an automotive setup...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
for the wideband, it is prolly best to mount it close the the stock location......im mounting mine about 8-10" donw the dp away from the turbo.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
28-36" from where????

Then do you think that I have to drill my manifold???

It won´t crack or leak???

·
Banned
598 Posts
high egt's will burn out o2 sensors...use your best judgement...
i dont know everything...i know what i read and try and do what seems best...
many stock cats have a bung on them for the secondary...you could source one...
...its a solution...plus you get to save some trees...

·
Registered
258 Posts
At least 12" from the turbo, far enough away to keep it out of the supre hot exhaust temps, which will kill a wideband. The factory O2 can be placed closer to the turbo, since it is not as affected by high temps.

On most hondas, cylinder three runner is where the EGT probe should go, as this is commonly thought to be the hottest cylinder. About an inch or two from the head in the center of the runner.

Craig

·
Registered
424 Posts
EGT should be between the head and the turbo in the collecter so it reads the exhaust from all cylinders. The WB O2 sensor should be about 24" from the turbo. If its too close it will get too hot and fail(don't ask me how I know:roll:) and you will have to buy a new sensor. I put mine in the downpipe just after it clears the axles. Now it works fine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
high egt's will burn out o2 sensors...use your best judgement...
i dont know everything...i know what i read and try and do what seems best...
many stock cats have a bung on them for the secondary...you could source one...
...its a solution...plus you get to save some trees...
Jeeze forgot to hawk our products! We have O2 bungs if you need them. Use two, one close for the narrow, and one far for the wide. Plugs are included, so you can close any ports that are not used all the time (like the wideband port.).

:)

Craig

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
For the wideband plx says "mount the oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter and at least 24 inches downstream from your engine block or turbo for optimal performance. The sensor element will fail if it is exposed to exhaust gas temerpatures above 850 deg Celcius."
http://www.plxdevices.com/InstallationInstructions/M-200_250_300UsersGuide.pdf

For the EGT sensor here are autometer's instructions. http://www.autometer.com/download_instruction/0593A.pdf

I would mount the egt per their n/a instructions

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, any idea about drilling the exhaust manifold, it won´t crack or brake??

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Thanks guys, any idea about drilling the exhaust manifold, it won´t crack or brake??
What kindof mani is it? If its to thin to tap the egt gauge should come with a bung you can weld to it.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kindof mani is it? If its to thin to tap the egt gauge should come with a bung you can weld to it.
Is the mani from an apexi turbo kit, I think it is cast.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey, my manifold has a egt hole on the left that was drilled on, so dont worry, if u have the apexi kit, the downpipe should have a O2 bung there that u can use and run open loop on crome so u can detach your narrowband o2 sensor

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I ask this same question some time ago and can't find it. Anyway they told me that the bes place for the egt is the 3rd runner since this is where it tends to get real hot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts