Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its come time to go ahead and buy my rods/pistons.

But the thing is, I know I want Eagle Rods.. but what kind of pistons do I want to get? I'm going to be running ~17psi.. Maybe 22psi at the track sometimes. ;) ;)

I'm definitely going forged, so no Vitaras you guys.. SRP, Wiseco, CP, etc.. what would you guys recommend?

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
I think SRP, Wiseco Ive heard there rings are too close to the top and will leak or crank the piston.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've heard really good things about SRP.. that's probably the route I'm going to go (either that or CP). I'm just trying to get some feedback that way I'm sure I make the right choice.

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
I'd search around on here, and look for some high horse power setups. There's plenty over 250whp...

like this one for instance.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46521

PM, and talk with the owner, see how they like it, etc.. learn from others mistakes/regrets.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Any forged piston will make it to 300+ hp with a good tune...
I would say focus on the Specs such as compression. (stay between 9:1 and 9.5:1)
Also, look at the alloy of the pistons. SRP's are low expansion and will diesel less than JE's because you can run closer piston/cylinder tolerances (Less slap). JE's, though capable of more HP will expand more and will need looser tolerances.
I got JE's and the car sounds like a truck...

Bottom line, look at what you can get for a good price and go with that...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Any forged piston will make it to 300+ hp with a good tune...
I would say focus on the Specs such as compression. (stay between 9:1 and 9.5:1)
Also, look at the alloy of the pistons. SRP's are low expansion and will diesel less than JE's because you can run closer piston/cylinder tolerances (Less slap). JE's, though capable of more HP will expand more and will need looser tolerances.
I got JE's and the car sounds like a truck...

Bottom line, look at what you can get for a good price and go with that...
I'm with this guy.

X2

·
Registered
120 Posts
its all what you want, i went with cp. of course mine got built a while ago and we had an account with cp. either one will make your power goals

1 - 18 of 18 Posts