Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing my build was looking for a mani that permits a/c to remain in place. I need one with a gt25/28 flange. There is a decent homemade one in the classifieds, If that one will work I might per her up. Here is my turbo.

Thanks guys. I do like cast manifolds a lot for there durability, but am new obviously so what do I know.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
cheapest cast i found was like 120 shipped.....for 150 there is no question you should buy the on in the fs section......it wont be up for long at that price

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check my build. Castiron ebay $63 shipped.
lol I have the same mani as you laying around, I did not know about using the adapter or not, and shit there like 35-45 shipped, i was thinking of just buying that custom made on fs for a bit more. Thanks again

·
Registered
610 Posts
GT2560 and a cast mani fits necely behind a full size rad, so I guess you should have no problems fitting it behind the condenser. Of course you have to make a much sharper bend than me on the dp.

And for the longetivy... They didint like the circuit, haha. Lots of people use them for street/drag/autoX though, so you'll probably be fine :)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
GT2560 and a cast mani fits necely behind a full size rad, so I guess you should have no problems fitting it behind the condenser. Of course you have to make a much sharper bend than me on the dp.

And for the longetivy... They didint like the circuit, haha. Lots of people use them for street/drag/autoX though, so you'll probably be fine :)
X2^ Looks familiar :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, how many psi do you run with that internal wg? I would like to buy a different spring for mine so I can used that style for 14psi. Has any one seen that somewhere?

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Get that one that's $150 in the FS section right now. Now THAT is a fucking deal.

I run an ebay cast mani.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
My ebay cast keeps the turbo far enough away I'm able to run a big ass T04S compressor housing and didn't have to do any "clearancing" on the block. Clears the stock rad fan, slave cylinder, etc.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks, how many psi do you run with that internal wg? I would like to buy a different spring for mine so I can used that style for 14psi. Has any one seen that somewhere?
You just need an ball&spring boost controller, I ran 15psi on mine with one.

But yeah, danz is right about the miniram manifold! Just block off the ext manifold hole and you might be able to fit it :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all these fools are wrong!

theres a tig welded stainless steel mini ram for sale in the classifieds for $150
May not be a/c compatible, but it reeks of WIN!
You just need an ball&spring boost controller, I ran 15psi on mine with one.

But yeah, danz is right about the miniram manifold! Just block off the ext manifold hole and you might be able to fit it :)
I like it too, I pm him.. Just waiting on the response. I brought my block and head to the machine shop today... I might be takin the cheap way out on the mani, I think it might be smart to spend a bit extra on the head while its there, and that means something else has to wait. I have been selling stuff on the side on craigslist to get secret funds to buy stuff, but I have had boxes showing up on the door step and she is catching on...lol Thanks for the feed back guys. I was thinkin about the kms ultimate valve train package, it has retainers, valves, springs, and guides(not trying to preach to the quire). And then do a delta 272 cam regrind. If anybody has a couple minutes please pm me about your opinion or put it here. Thanks you guys kick ass as always.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
the kms is going to stay the same price if you go to buy it later....nobody makes anything for a t25 but a cast mani...it must be custom ordered from someone like go-autoworks or RCautoworks....and your looking at like tripple the price that you can scoop that up for....if i was still running a t25 flanged turbo i would have already bought it

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
lol at your "secret" funds. I do the same shit, sell spare parts and then use the money to fund the car. Whatever gets the parts bought, right? :p

I liked my non VTEC and VTEC 272 cams, both were very streetable with excellent idle. I recently bought a 272-2, but haven't go the chance to install it :neutral:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts