Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere acl and king race bearings arnt good for daily use so what are the best??

Oem Honda bearings?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I rebuilt what was my DD motor with King bearings and they never gave me a days problems. Not sure where you read that, but the info was crap.

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rebuilt what was my DD motor with King bearings and they never gave me a days problems. Not sure where you read that, but the info was crap.
Yeah I don't know to be honest something about clearance issues

I guess I'm going king... Thanks guys

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
ACL dura glides here. Engine has about 15 000 hard KM on it and I lost oil pressure completely one time. When I tore the engine down the bearings looked so good they found there way back in.

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a stupid question because measuring of course would be best... but has anyone used standard size bearings no measuring and had no problems.

No crank work. Eagle rods. Perfect condition original bearings

I can't even figure out what king standard size even is in mm??

·
Registered
588 Posts
only oem bearings for me. i like the fact of measuring and being able to choose from assorted thicknesses to get the proper clearances i want, of course i'm building a 450whp weekend car though..

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oem would be perfect measuring wise... I don't know about performance(daily driving, high rpms)

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm starting to lean toward Oem

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
This is a stupid question because measuring of course would be best... but has anyone used standard size bearings no measuring and had no problems.

No crank work. Eagle rods. Perfect condition original bearings

I can't even figure out what king standard size even is in mm??
Yes a lot of people do this. It can be a gamble but many builds have held up ok with fresh std bearings on an undamaged stock crank.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As long as the std size bearings plastigauge within specs I wouldn't be worried.

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright sweet I guess in going to atleast look at them with a plastigauge. Maybe just wait for the machine shop but I just want to get them now without measuring so I'm ready to build asap

I would be reppin you guys like crazy if I could

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Check out the prices of OEM bearing halves, and that's why if most can get away with using "green"/standard bearings (no matter the brand) we do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts