Delta 272-2
Stock port head
Rc Autoworks mini ram
Percision sc34 .60-.63
68mm taper bore tb
1000cc rc's
3" down pipe
3" under tank exhaust

I will be on Crome pro I need to know if A anyone has a manifold for this setup and witch is the best on a budget!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Edelbrock performer X (model # 4754)

seems to be the best cast manifold out there and if you look hard enough (google shopping), you can find prices in the low $200 range. I've seen plenty of guys with 400+ running this manifold. also, the bore size for that manifold is 62mm, which is almost exactly 2.5 inches, which matches most standard intercooler piping. pair it with a 62mm type R throttle body and you'll have a nice induction setup for fairly cheap.

i'd shy away from the blox/skunk2 style for boost because the runner castings supposedly suck and have tons of flaws, and the plenum isn't much bigger than stock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Edelbrock performer X (model # 4754)

seems to be the best cast manifold out there and if you look hard enough (google shopping), you can find prices in the low $200 range. I've seen plenty of guys with 400+ running this manifold. also, the bore size for that manifold is 62mm, which is almost exactly 2.5 inches, which matches most standard intercooler piping. pair it with a 62mm type R throttle body and you'll have a nice induction setup for fairly cheap.

i'd shy away from the blox/skunk2 style for boost because the runner castings supposedly suck and have tons of flaws, and the plenum isn't much bigger than stock.
whats the difference with these 2

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
The best by far is the STR IM.

Heres a pic of my old one. Very hard to find, they defuncted and split into 2 seperate companys now known as Golden Eagle and BDL Industries.

Straight Gangsta IM!!!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
i love my Golden Eagle IM. its the same as the STR pretty much.
its funny how someone up top said shy away from skunk2 cause of the long runners. when the edelbrock also has long ass runners too. and i has a edelbrock for a very short period never ran it because i decided to get the GE. but the edelbrock runners were not smooth what so ever. full of these "flaws" that are in the S2 manifolds too. because its a "cast aluminum"
the GE manifold may be more in price but it will outflow the edelbrock anyday of the week. and it looks way more baller. so its a win win in my book.
if you want to make 400whp the GE manifold will help you more then any other manifold mentioned here. but the most help you could get is a ported head.
the manifolds can flow all the air you want them to but if it cant in and out of the head fast enough your wasting the potential of the manifold.
thats my 2cents
like tmack said straight gangster

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
i love my Golden Eagle IM. its the same as the STR pretty much.
its funny how someone up top said shy away from skunk2 cause of the long runners. when the edelbrock also has long ass runners too.
the GE manifold may be more in price but it will outflow the edelbrock anyday of the week. and it looks way more baller. so its a win win in my book.
Truth!
The STR and GE are King in my books......The way its designed and the way its built with the quality ensured. Makes the others look like poop.

All so looks pretty gangsta and works great on N/A set-ups.
It helped me make 151whp on my last high comp D15B vtec........beat that Junk2 or Edelcock!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
and look how long and tiny these runners are. compared to the GE/ STR
this was just mocked up on my car and i hated the manifold so i got rid of it

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Golden eagle or STR , or custom if you could build it :) , we have something that will be shown sooner or later for d-series when it comes to intake manifolds, I just don't know if they will be sold yet to the public because of the cost. Its by no means cheap to build an intake manifold ( the right way ) , so my next choice would be golden eagle or STR.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Golden eagle or STR , or custom if you could build it :) , we have something that will be shown sooner or later for d-series when it comes to intake manifolds, I just don't know if they will be sold yet to the public because of the cost. Its by no means cheap to build an intake manifold ( the right way ) , so my next choice would be golden eagle or STR.
Most people arent willing to drop $600+ for an IM.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Agreed, the golden eagle intake is pretty decent for what it is, its just if you're trying to go that extra mile and want the most out of the setup, something custom is more ideal.
When you start pushing the HP boundries of any engine isnt custom the only way to go. ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
i also have a question about I.M, im getting a nitro kit ( idk which one yet still looking around) but i was wonder which IM will be the best...is the stock one for the d16z6 is ok

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.