Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
I'm using a skunk2 but the runners are too long for FI. A tuner suggested golden eagle's intake. that's what I'm thinking about looking at.

·
Registered
518 Posts
oscarmayer said:
I'm using a skunk2 but the runners are too long for FI. A tuner suggested golden eagle's intake. that's what I'm thinking about looking at.
hmm i didnt know if he was talking intake mani or acctuall intake tube
but now he has answers to both

O

·
0 Posts
for an NA app you want longer runners, but on a FI you want shorter runnes witha BIG plentuim this the golden eagle is the best one for the job pre-maned.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
oscarmayer said:
for an NA app you want longer runners, but on a FI you want shorter runnes witha BIG plentuim this the golden eagle is the best one for the job pre-maned.
hmmm, that's nice info to know.

O

·
0 Posts
Rex 100% dead nuts on sure....

I've whitnessed it on the engine dyno at Endyn's shop during testing 3 times.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So, for a turbo motor, would you say "shorter is better, period" or "shorter is better, to an extent"? If shorter is better, period, then, theoretically, you'd want the runners to be short and highly tapered to make them as big as possible to maximize the volume inside the plenum and shorten the effective runner length. (I have never need one like this) Or, is there a point, like a 5" long runner, where there are no more gains possible? I would guess that optimal length would be based on the engine setup...???

O

·
0 Posts
spdracer22 said:
So, for a turbo motor, would you say "shorter is better, period" or "shorter is better, to an extent"? If shorter is better, period, then, theoretically, you'd want the runners to be short and highly tapered to make them as big as possible to maximize the volume inside the plenum and shorten the effective runner length. (I have never need one like this) Or, is there a point, like a 5" long runner, where there are no more gains possible? I would guess that optimal length would be based on the engine setup...???
you still haev to have some runner length but what I'm saying is the skunk2 runners are way too long and hurl FI in the big end power band. with shorter runners and a big plentium you can have basically a stored set of compressed air from the turbo waiting on the valve as it opens and give it the full effect, where the longer runner means that much more it has to travel. to make it into the combustion chamber and that's also down a much narrower shaft that's longer than the shorter runner bigger plentuim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts