Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory ant sucks. Do all stock ants suck or is it just mine. What is the best replacement. I am open to factory location or inside. Thanks.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not absolutely apposed to drilling holes, it is the interior wire running that I don't like. I just want whatever I use to work. I would put a stock one in again if somebody can tell me it might be better than the one I have. I have found in the past that antenna amps don't work , are there better ones out now?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
I just went to autozone since the douche before me cut the cable under the dash. I yanked the whole thing out, sealed the hole and bought one off the shelf and installed it behind the dash. good reception, but I hardly ever use it since I have an aux port

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
dont buy the ebay one that sticks to the windshield, tried it it worked ok but not better than stock maybe a little worse but at the time i was in the same boat as slo_eg

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic and CRV
265 Posts
Is it an after market head unit? If so, I found you need a real good ground to clear up any electrical noise coming from anywhere in the car. What tipped me off to this is when the car was running, radio stations sucked and were of poor reception. Shut off the engine and just have the acc on, reception was good. Things like fuel pump, fan motor, blower motor, etc, can cause static in reception.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know the 96-00 sedans have the antenna mount on the rear windshield, its actually part of the windshield. But reception is bad so I'm also thinking to find a amplified antenna.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I know the 96-00 sedans have the antenna mount on the rear windshield, its actually part of the windshield. But reception is bad so I'm also thinking to find a amplified antenna.
Correction 99-00 have the antenna in the rear window, 96-98 have the normal antenna.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts