Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Project is moving along nicely and now its time for exhaust!!!

So, I have a turbo d14 (dseries) and wanted to know what would be the best exhaust size to go with. At the moment ita still stock exhaust ( 1.25") and i think that its too small for the car now that its turbocharged. I want to go bigger but not over the top and lose low end torque. What do y'all think?

Also Ill post a picture down below of the turbo installed :)(Does it look clean btw? Lol)

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,306 Posts
2.5'' - 3''

Reactions: EFB055

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
How much power are you making? If its under 200whp, 2" exhaust is plenty fine, but wouldnt hurt to have 2.5". Less restriction on the exhaust does mean you can push ignition timing a little harder when its warmed up.

That gives you good spool without making you deal with the challenge of 3inch piping all the way back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much power are you making? If its under 200whp, 2" exhaust is plenty fine, but wouldnt hurt to have 2.5". Less restriction on the exhaust does mean you can push ignition timing a little harder when its warmed up.

That gives you good spool without making you deal with the challenge of 3inch piping all the way back.
Im going for around 175HP and I can tell that the turbo should spool much quicker with a bigger exhaust.

As you said 3" will be much more challenging to install and I dont necessarily need 3inch, so I might go with a 2.5" since it will be plenty of exhaust flow for now and should be enough for when I swap a B16 motor in the car with some serious hp goals.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
2" under the car for 175hp is plenty fine. 2.5" will simply support future growth

Reactions: Jeremy S
1 - 5 of 5 Posts