Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question, I was planning on changing exhaust pipe with some honda oem pipe from ebay and attach a 2.5 Vibrant Muffler on to that. My pipe is rusted and the muffler at the moment is killing me with its rattle , and I've recently "tuned" my car up so on to the list of my final modifications my exhaust is next , then coilovers and rims (drag dr20s Gold) . Car is a 1998 Honda Civic LX sedan

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,902 Posts
Stock unless you want to sound like a bee buzzin around. Stock pipe+fart can= buzzer
If you want performance look into 5speed swap and ex trans

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,920 Posts
Just a simple nappa/auto zone oem replacement with cat and resinator ten buy a 2" muffler to change the tone a bit. You wont pick up any power no matter what you chose

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aight i'll keep it stock but i just want a little tone lol , not some N1 fartcan rice type stuff lol My Pipe is rusted and theres a leak so i might do what Evanguy said , im not straight piping this lol , i'd be burning gas like a idiot , and no performance at all thats for future endeavours. Thanks for all the help guys

Hey Evanguy do you know how much everything might come up to on autozone.com cant find anything :/

·
Registered
93 Honda Integra
105 Posts
Flowmaster

·
Registered
0 Posts
Monroe mufflers tried charging me 700$ to bolt on an oem cat-back exhuast after my stock one literally fell off, was making a trail of sparks all the way home from school smh.

Ended up buying an ebay cat-back for 70$, sounded great! As long as you keep your cat, and res you wont sound like a bee.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Monroe mufflers tried charging me 700$ to bolt on an oem cat-back exhuast after my stock one literally fell off, was making a trail of sparks all the way home from school smh.

Ended up buying an ebay cat-back for 70$, sounded great! As long as you keep your cat, and res you wont sound like a bee.
Danm you think you can link me ? and do you have a video perhaps of how it sounds lol id really appreciate it , i dont want to sound like a bee in a 4 door lol

·
Registered
99 civic ex coupe
122 Posts
I bought an eBay exhaust. There was
company in Canada whom markets them called yonaka. Was 250 for a catback and it sounds really good. DEEP tone that's not loud. I think its a apexi knockoff. Been on for almost a year still working great.
Edit: I have a manual trans... Don't know if that is important :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm not sure if the exhaust still exists lol. It was a nameless brand, simple ebay exhaust. Like I said, if you keep you cat and res, you should be fine. Mine had a nice deep tone even at high rpms, and I drove an auto. Sorry, no videos. Only thing you should be concerned about is fitment! The exhaust I bought said it was compatible with my d16y7 sedan, however it wasn't! Since my cat is on my exhaust manifold I had a different bolt pattern on my down pipe, so be careful! Ebay fitment is always terrible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How'd you get passed that? I have the same problem and don't feel like getting a EM and cat. I don't plan on getting an exhaust either, I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
0 Posts
How'd you get passed that? I have the same problem and don't feel like getting a EM and cat. I don't plan on getting an exhaust either, I'm just wondering.
Since I still had my stock exhaust, I had a guy cut the new exhaust bolt pattern along with the stock exhaust bolt pattern. He then welded the correct bolt pattern from the stock exhaust to the new exhaust. If you don't know anyone who welds you can try meineke or midas, they are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Civic LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought an eBay exhaust. There was
company in Canada whom markets them called yonaka. Was 250 for a catback and it sounds really good. DEEP tone that's not loud. I think its a apexi knockoff. Been on for almost a year still working great.
Edit: I have a manual trans... Don't know if that is important :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ive also heard about yonaka great sound but did you install it on a four door or two door ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts